Galaxy S4 vs iPhone 5S

Options
happycauseIride
happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
I see there was a thread in the forums from last spring about this, but now both phones are out which is the way to go? I am a die hard Galaxy lover, I have the S2 currently and will be upgrading in a couple weeks. Everyone I know has the iPhone so it seems very generic to me, but the ease of iTunes and all my playlists on my phone is very appealing to me. I love my music. If I'm going to be stuck with this phone for the next 20 months I want to love it.

Which is the way to go and why??

Replies

• happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Anyone??
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I moved to the iPhone 5s from an android and so far I love it. I like the convenience of the fingerprint scan, the camera, the ease of itunes, the organization of it. Also the imessage ap works great for me where so many friends and coworkers are on it. Makes communicating very easy and convenient.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My dad just got the s4 and loves it. From what I have heard and read about the two phones, the s4 blows the 5s out of the water in most categories. But if itunes is what you'd really like then by all means go for the iphone.
  • Gaby_BV
    Options
    S4.... forever!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    S4.... forever!!!

THIS! LOVE MINE!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm all for the S4.
    I don't like Apple or the newly redesigned (to me at least) itunes.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Most people who have either of these phones seem to love it. So that says to me that both are pretty nice pieces of technology.

You have to decide what you want out of the phone. If you use itunes and like the idea of the iphone and itunes working together, that may be more important to you than a screen that is an inch larger. If you watch movies on your phone, the screen may matter more.
  • petechiae
    petechiae Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I think it's more complicated to have to use iTunes than not. Adding music/playlists to an Android is as easy as putting them on a USB stick, to be honest. And you don't have that issue of only being able to synchronize with one or two computers.
    Plus, if your battery ends up sucking after a year of use, you don't need a soldering job in order to replace it. You can order a battery online for 20$ or less and put it in yourself, as easy as changing it from a TV remote. With the iPhone, in order to have it replaced, you have to pay not only for the battery itself but also for the soldering job that is going to be required.
    Almost all the apps on the Apple Store are also available on Google Play, all the major ones at least, so there isn't really a reason to pick one over another on that aspect.
    If you love to play around with gadgets, you will be happy with the Android. On that operating system, you are allowed to modify the firmware and customize it to your needs. You don't have to, but it's nice to have that option. On the iOS, you can't do that. You're basically stuck with the firmware that you have.
    The iPhone is cute, bright and has a good interface, but also very fragile and pricy for what you get. I think it's mostly aesthetics that you pay for with that device. As a person working in IT, I need something that is flexible and reliable, so Android is the choice for me.