New to site & saying Hello

Options
Hi everyone

I've just joined as recommended by my Cambridge Weight Plan consultant. I hope I can find some much needed motivation and advice on here.

My name is Claire, I live in High Wycombe, Bucks and will be 33 in October. I live with my partner of 10 years (no ring yet!) and have a beautiful daughter Grace who is toddling around and just turned 1 a few weeks ago. She is one of my reasons why I want to shift my weight. My partner is in the same boat too and wants to start the Cambridge Weight Plan too so thats a bonus!

Wanting to feel confident and happy with my body, sexier for the other half and being able to live a long healthy life with my family are all reasons to loose the weight, but why do i make so many excuses not to....its only now Grace is toddling about, i'm so much more aware how shattered i am after finishing work, getting her from nursery and then flopping in front of the TV after she's in bed...not good!

Hopefully I can be determined about this as I have been with other areas of my life so fingers crossed!

xCx

Replies

• girl1979
    Options
    HI Claire, I'm a Clare too and I've just joined. Will be 32 in Jan and have a 9 yr old, well he will be in two weeks. I didn't get reccommmend but i found it and it seems ok. I'm in Wiltshire, been here about 15 weeks now, with my son and partner of 5 years. Love the countryside its such good motivation to get out and do something, not that i actually have yet. But just wanted to say hi! Hope all goes well for you, oh and Grace looks a real cutie
  • gleni77
    gleni77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thankyou Clare, wishing you all the very best too. I like being in the countryside, but not too far out from town either.
    Having a family sunddenly makes you realise whats important....I want to be healthy to see my daughter grow. My dad died when I was 6yrs old and he was only 34 (had very bad asthma), it didnt stop him playing footie but that ultimatley played a part has he too was overweight and with the added combination of poor health.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Hi there and welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

Sent you a FR :bigsmile:
  • live4something
    live4something Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. This site has helped me so much! If you want, add me as a friend and we can help to motivate each other. I started on August 24th and I have lost 9+ lbs. That is not even two full weeks! Best of luck to you!