Stop Bullying Richie Incognito

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
It seems to me that Richie Incognito has been taking a beating in the news and via public opinion. Why is it that we think its ok to Bully the bully? Especially when we have no proof he is a bully.

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Isn't that how everything is judged now? Public Opinion?

Once you add one of the Trigger words to a headline everybody wants to chime in and get their opinion heard. One of the favorite triggers is "Bullying". Almost as powerful as "Racism".

And, as usual, once a person has been accused, the media shoves it down the publics throat and, the accused is almost always painted as the bad guy. Guilty until proven innocent. But, of course, you can't prove a negative. Regardless of the turnout, the accused will always be under a microscope.

I have no idea what the circumstances are in this case, and neither does anyone else, other than the two parties directly involved. i imagine they are both culpable to some degree. I personally don't care one way or the other. It's two guys that should have settled this between them, like adults, but turned to the media instead.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Incognito seems like that *kitten* that you hated playing against, but liked having one of on your side. (Spoken from a football player's perspective).
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Isn't that how everything is judged now? Public Opinion?

Once you add one of the Trigger words to a headline everybody wants to chime in and get there opinion heard. One of the favorite triggers is "Bullying". Almost as powerful as "Racism".

And, as usual, once a person has been accused, the media shoves it down the publics throat and, the accused is almost always painted as the bad guy. Guilty until proven innocent. But, of course, you can't prove a negative. Regardless of the turnout, the accused will always be under a microscope.

I have no idea what the circumstances are in this case, and neither does anyone else, other than the two parties directly involved. i imagine they are both culpable to some degree. I personally don't care one way or the other. It's two guys that should have settled this between them, like adults, but turned to the media instead.

I couldn't have said that any better.