Wii Fit

Options
2»

Replies

• PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    Thanks I will have to look up that Gold Gym Cardio Workout game. I was not sure how many game were actually out there for the Wii or Wii Fit. MY sister has the one with the camera but she has not tried it yet to tell me if it really works.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Too funny.. The one thing I don't like about that Wii Fit is when they blow up my Mii and tell me I'm obese. I guess the Wii won't lie to me like I have been lying to myself all these years. I think I am going to get back doing my Wii Fit and Wii Active tomorrow.

LOL - Yeah that part was traumatic the first few times. Now I yell back "NOT for long"....LOL My husband tells it to shut up.
    I use wii fit for running, yoga and steping. My modified version that is , I use real treadmill and walk/jog everyday 2-3 miles, we says I do 6 but, my phone says 2-3 :) but none the less is nice way to use wii running .I put 2 boxes under my wii board raises the height of the board to 8 inches, then I free step for 20 minutes, then do yoga for 20 minutes to cool down, then do some other exercises , then get on the bowflex for 20-30 mins, then back to wii for some golds gym cardio workout for 20 minutes.

I'll have to try the boxes under the board......It makes sense. As for the running I'd love to do it, but I feel ridiculous thundering around the living room jogging in place. A treadmill would make the world of difference, I think. I'll have to convince my hubbie it's a good idea :P
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Too funny.. The one thing I don't like about that Wii Fit is when they blow up my Mii and tell me I'm obese. I guess the Wii won't lie to me like I have been lying to myself all these years. I think I am going to get back doing my Wii Fit and Wii Active tomorrow.

LOL - Yeah that part was traumatic the first few times. Now I yell back "NOT for long"....LOL My husband tells it to shut up.
    I use wii fit for running, yoga and steping. My modified version that is , I use real treadmill and walk/jog everyday 2-3 miles, we says I do 6 but, my phone says 2-3 :) but none the less is nice way to use wii running .I put 2 boxes under my wii board raises the height of the board to 8 inches, then I free step for 20 minutes, then do yoga for 20 minutes to cool down, then do some other exercises , then get on the bowflex for 20-30 mins, then back to wii for some golds gym cardio workout for 20 minutes.

I'll have to try the boxes under the board......It makes sense. As for the running I'd love to do it, but I feel ridiculous thundering around the living room jogging in place. A treadmill would make the world of difference, I think. I'll have to convince my hubbie it's a good idea :P

I totally felt the same way, I cannot run in place. Wish they sold a mini treadmill to go along with the running because I love watching all the Mii's run by or me pass them up!!

I do love the yoga and strengthening exercises.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options

If you do get a treadmill , walking fast as you can handle it is better than jogging according to all the stuff I read on the web.
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I had the Jillian Michales one, and I ended up selling it on Amazon. I didn't like it at all. I have had trouble with Wii Active. Honestly, i think it is because I am short. I do the activity (like a squat) but my remotes do not read that I am doing the activity and I will be FULLY squated!

Anyway, I really really like the Wii, even if all you do is weigh in on it! It really helps keep me accountable. I was even sore once from Bowling! HAHAHAHA! I guess I really got into it!

I'm short as well standing 5feet. I have to move the sensor thing around until it reads right. I use Wii Active and I'm currently on day 4 of 30. I really enjoy it.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

I totally felt the same way, I cannot run in place. Wish they sold a mini treadmill to go along with the running because I love watching all the Mii's run by or me pass them up!!

I do love the yoga and strengthening exercises.

I have the Wii Plus and love being able to see my Pets in the running one and then chasing them.....I can't do that in real life, they WON'T be chased...LOL
    If you do get a treadmill , walking fast as you can handle it is better than jogging according to all the stuff I read on the web.

I'm sure it's better for the joints and that's a concern for me right now. I think we're going to get one. I wish there was one with the game. I like the cycling too, but I wish I could use one of those pedally things, but I don't think it would read right...it's just awkward now.
  • christopher_stockdale
    Options
    Unfortunately, the Wii Fit maxes out at 300lbs, so I'm not really able to take advantage of it for another 30lbs. Until then, I'm sticking with the Wii Active, which really gets your Cardio rate up if you do it right. My only suggestion would be to figure out how to use another resistance band without having problems holding the controllers.

IMHO, the killer exercises on it are the squats and rollerblade jumps. They KILL oversized people with bad knees, lol.
  • PammyKY
    PammyKY Posts: 129
    Options
    I actually don't even use the band that came with the Wii Active I think they suck. I actually use the exercise bands I purchase when I use to go to Jazzercise and actually you can buy them from walmart. They don't cost much and is a lot better to use. Good luck with your goal