P90X'ers

Options
My husband & I are beginning today & I am wondering what to type/search for in the excercise category to get the different calorie estimates for each DVD/daily excercise. I've tried just plain P90X and nothing comes up. If anyone out there could help, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks :)

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Not a P90X user but am an Insanity user and the best way is using a Heart Rate Moniter. For a week I was matching up the Insanity workouts to what this sites provide. Following week I got a heart rate moniter and I was actually burning 300plus extra calories than what this site was telling me!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I agree. Get an inexpensive heart rate monitor like at Wal-mart or Target. i got a Sportline HRM for under $30. I use it during every exercise. For instance, for X Stretch I would only burn 100 calories. Make sure you get one that tracks your calories burned. You don't need to get one that has the chest strap.
  • trice
    trice Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few posts about this topic and you should do some searching but here's what I do.

Circuit Training for the weight lifting days.
    Calisthenics for the ab and cardio days.
    Yoga for the yoga.
  • ldybugnatalie
    Options
    good thing you got the monitor, can't believe you were being gipped so many calories!!! keep up the good work, looks like you are making great progress!
  • ldybugnatalie
    Options
    thanks for all the replies. will be looking into a monitor, i just wasn't sure if i wasn't searching properly.