Do you record sex as an exercise?

Options
and how many calories are you burning? I guess I should put in "calories burn during sex" on YAHOO.. to see what I come back with. hmmmm

Replies

• gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Um YES! I wore my hrm one time, and I keep that as the gold standard!
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    My wife won't let me put on the heart rate monitor when we're about to throw down...lol
  • Utahbeth
    Utahbeth Posts: 68
    Options
    Hahaha, maybe I'll wear my HRM next time. I typed it in the other day and came up blank. It'll have to go under Personal Exercises.
  • Kazren
    Kazren Posts: 88
    Options
    Aparently, no matter how much you `join` in in the sex act, the orgasm can burn around 100 kcal.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'd never count it, but you can use this site to calculate "Sex (vigorous effort)": http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calorie-calculator.asp.
  • ebearit17
    ebearit17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL! I was wondering the same thing, but never thought to look it up... did anyone get an idea of calories burned yet?
  • Keisha79
    Keisha79 Posts: 63
    Options
    http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm
    this website breaks it down to a science.
  • I do! I put it in as calisthenics! If you think about it and you are actively participating you are doing many of the exercises listed under calisthenics! "SEXERCISE!" :0):love: :tongue:
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    You may want to check the calories on an outside site and then "add" it in to your exercise under another name... It might be a bit embarrassing when your home page shows "So and So burned 150 calories doing "sex and foreplay"...
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My wife won't let me put on the heart rate monitor when we're about to throw down...lol

Awwww come on! Just once!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    My bf actually told me I should wear it to see, but I think he burns more calories than I do during the act. I dont count it as exercise, its just a free be extra burn.
  • Xenopha
    Xenopha Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to help increase the core strength type work aspects of sex you should look into getting a Kama Sutra manual. Think yoga-style sex positions. You have to be careful, its not just a recreational thing, you have to practice at it (great excuse huh?!), but seriously, it's just like yoga and so if you have to start at a level that won't throw your back out or pull a muscle.

Kama Sutra usually has spiritual over tones of Hindu, but take it or leave it, the important parts are the physical activity. The manuals I have read through at the book store (the more contemporary ones) usually have sound relationship advice too. They are just about sex. Things like active listening to your partner, tips for enhancing romantic interludes, maximizing each other's enjoyment of life...healthy body, healthy mind, healthy hearts.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    It might be a bit embarrassing when your home page shows "So and So burned 150 calories doing "sex and foreplay"...

It's probably not too embarrassing for her if she's asking the question here in the first place! :laugh:
  • ang2803
    ang2803 Posts: 39
    Options
    :laugh: I do because I looked it up and for every 15 minutes of foreplay and every 15 minutes of sex you burn 90 calories each. So why let those go to waste? I looked it up on here and had to add sex to the dictionary of cardio exercises. Sex is the best cardio you can get so if you are getting it then record it!
  • Pete1977
    Pete1977 Posts: 14
    Options
    Does it have to be with someone else for it to count? LOL. I think it must, otherwise I wouldn't need to lose any weight at all!
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    do you burn more in a threeway
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be with someone else for it to count? LOL. I think it must, otherwise I wouldn't need to lose any weight at all!

BWWAAHHHAHAAAHAA!!!!! :laugh:

Post of the month!!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

LOL not surprised, if my husband did that I would probably brain him with it!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

BWWAAHHHAHAAAHAA!!!!! :laugh:

Post of the month!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I second that!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Nicol145
    Options
    Years ago, I was watching a Denise Austin show and she was doing pelvic thrusts and called it "sexercise" I about fell over laughing at her.
    Livestrong site has a calorie burn counter that has sex listed and even gives you the choice of what kind ie. slow, medium, or rigorous. Doesn't mention if you need a partner!