Wet Burritos

Options
Apparently they are a "michigan" thing.. Anyways- had one for dinner tonight (had plenty of calories left to use-- so thought i'd go enjoy one).. but the restaraunt (Taco BOY) didn't have nutritional info on any of their food-- so i thought i'd google calories for a wet burrito. All I could find were recipes- and ones that arent close to how they make them. I really dont want to have to figure out and search exact amounts of each item- but think i may have too... I've had to do a lot of this recently.. it's frustrating me. Anyways- anyone know? I've tried calorie websites and they never have wet burritos listed!

In case your wondering a wet burrito is made like this...

Take a large burrito shell and fill with either meat and bean mixture or all beans or all meat and then add cheese and onion. Roll the burrito shell up and get it ready to cook.. Cover the outside with enchilada sauce, more cheese and onions, olives etc.. then cook-/heat up/melt cheese.,. then once it's out you cover it with lettuce and tomato. Or you can do it the not "inside out" way and put the lettuce and tomato inside before you cook it. Anyways..... yummy. but have a feeling it's going to be around 1000 calories! Good thing i didnt use hardly any for breakfast or lunch! haha

Also- i didnt get a chance to put my food in the other day- but went and had chinese buffet (i know BAD decision).. I can't find anything in the database here besides the rice and eggroll. Is there a site i can type in "orange chicken" and just get a "general' calorie count for orange chicken- otherwise all i get here are "lean cuisine orange chicken" and i know those are waaay less calories! Thanks- I had a small amount of a lot of different things- so that would make it much easier!

Replies

• mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Apparently they are a "michigan" thing.. Anyways- had one for dinner tonight (had plenty of calories left to use-- so thought i'd go enjoy one).. but the restaraunt (Taco BOY) didn't have nutritional info on any of their food-- so i thought i'd google calories for a wet burrito. All I could find were recipes- and ones that arent close to how they make them. I really dont want to have to figure out and search exact amounts of each item- but think i may have too... I've had to do a lot of this recently.. it's frustrating me. Anyways- anyone know? I've tried calorie websites and they never have wet burritos listed!

In case your wondering a wet burrito is made like this...

Take a large burrito shell and fill with either meat and bean mixture or all beans or all meat and then add cheese and onion. Roll the burrito shell up and get it ready to cook.. Cover the outside with enchilada sauce, more cheese and onions, olives etc.. then cook-/heat up/melt cheese.,. then once it's out you cover it with lettuce and tomato. Or you can do it the not "inside out" way and put the lettuce and tomato inside before you cook it. Anyways..... yummy. but have a feeling it's going to be around 1000 calories! Good thing i didnt use hardly any for breakfast or lunch! haha

Also- i didnt get a chance to put my food in the other day- but went and had chinese buffet (i know BAD decision).. I can't find anything in the database here besides the rice and eggroll. Is there a site i can type in "orange chicken" and just get a "general' calorie count for orange chicken- otherwise all i get here are "lean cuisine orange chicken" and i know those are waaay less calories! Thanks- I had a small amount of a lot of different things- so that would make it much easier!
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    www.recipezaar.com is a recipe website, I mention only because they display the nutritional content for every recipe on the site. I use it alot for things that I make at home just for that reason alone. It's easy, after you set up an acct-IT IS FREE, then you "post a recipe", enter the ingredients, enter cook time etc and it computes it all for you, the only draw back is there is a 24 hour turn around time until they post it. You might be able to do a search on there for orange chicken, possibly even your wet burrito.:happy:
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got this site the other day from someone on mfp. I did wet taco and got this. Hope it is close.
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/search.php?keywords=wet+burrito&partner=&showresults=yes
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    Ok so when i found 1 recipe on recipeczar or whatever it's called- it showed the burrito at 1011 calories and like 69% of my daily fat! YIKES! However- the recipe has brown gravy and lots of extras that the one i had didnt have in it! But then when i looked on calorie king- a wet burrito came up as 500 calories? Should i just say the wet burrito used up the 900 calories i have left for the day and call it good?

well calorie king shows 500 and some calories and 55% daily fat for a 1lb wet burrito- mine was right around 1.5lbs... so i think i'll just go with this one and add the .5 extra in the serving and see what i get! thanks!
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Probably to be safe, you may want to go around 700 just in case. It sure sounds good tho, probably worth the calories :wink:
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Ok so when i found 1 recipe on recipeczar or whatever it's called- it showed the burrito at 1011 calories and like 69% of my daily fat! YIKES! However- the recipe has brown gravy and lots of extras that the one i had didnt have in it! But then when i looked on calorie king- a wet burrito came up as 500 calories? Should i just say the wet burrito used up the 900 calories i have left for the day and call it good?

well calorie king shows 500 and some calories and 55% daily fat for a 1lb wet burrito- mine was right around 1.5lbs... so i think i'll just go with this one and add the .5 extra in the serving and see what i get! thanks!

I just re read your first post, we call those burritos enchilada style in Southwest Missouri. I looked up on recipezaar, they have a bean burrito enchilada style at 520 calories, if you had meat, sour cream guacamole, you'll need to add that on too, hope this helps.
    When I'm in doubt I use the larger number, better to be safe than sorry later.
  • mablesyrup
    Options
    THANK YOU TO BOTH OF YOU! I got it figured out =) I used 1.5 servings of a 1lb burrito and when i entered it into my food 'diary' for the day I had.. around 850 calories left and when i looked at "calories left for the day" expecting a negative number- it said ZERO! haha i hit the nail perfectly on the head today! I'm excited. haha