new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi I am renjharr and just started logging today! Need to be held accountable.

Replies

• micah2009
    micah2009 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here.
  • 2LUVME
    2LUVME Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome...boy DO I understand about being held accountable. I;m here to PUSH you if you need it. As long as you help me too.
  • scrappymel
    scrappymel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've only been on 20 days and this is already helping me. I've lost 8 pounds and have a long way to go, but everyone here is really supportive and the calorie counting really keeps you on track. You can do it!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... I am new as well, just joined on Saturday. I too need to be accounted for. I can get started but to stay motivated, it is hard.
  • Dellishusdeb
    Dellishusdeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI EVERYONE. IM NEW TOO AND I'VE GOT A LONG WAYS TO GO. I REALLY NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THIS SERIOUS WEIGHT PROBLEM AND IM READY TO DO IT . BESIDES THE FACT THAT IM STARTING TO HAVE HEALTH ISSUES, I DO WANT TO LOOK GOOD.
  • daq111
    daq111 Posts: 1
    Options
    8 lbs in 20 days - thats pretty good.
  • renjhar
    renjhar Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks! This is my second day of logging my food and it is great when I can SEE the calories, carbs, fat etc... One thing I am not sure about is when it adds back in my "exercise calories". I am shooting for 1200 a day so not sure if I should disregard the exercise calories.
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    I am disregarding the exercise calories and sticking to 1200 a day myself ...
    and feel like I am building a little cushion, so if there is some day along the
    way when for whatever reason, a restaurant meal or whatever, comes along
    I can go over a little. This is day two of my 'diet' and I am loving watching
    my portions and feeling no loss in energy either.
  • facarpen
    Options
    I too disregard the exercise calories. I do both Cardio and strength training 3 times a week, and I try to keep between 1200 and 1600 calories per day. So far so good. I have dumped 39 lbs. since January 16, 2010. The good part about checking out the exercise calories is that you can track intake verses calorie burned, Good luck like you I have zero feeling of loss energy. Peace everyone.....................Fred C
  • qwho
    qwho Posts: 157
    Options
    conrats Fred! wtg! I do not work out, but I work full time and spend 8 hours a day on my feet with lots of walking, I wore my
    pedometer today and walked 5.625 miles at work.
  • prisilla3321
    prisilla3321 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck!!! :happy: 1659234.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter