Sick after a soda

Options
I'm about 85 days in here and I used to drink lots of Coke & Dr Pepper. The real thing, NOT DIET. Anyways I've gone from 4-5/day to less than 1/wk. I had a Big Red Zero Sunday and I got bloated and nauseus. It was awful. I wonder if this is because I'm not used to them anymore. I think I had the same experience after having a Dr Pepper at a football game 2 weeks ago. Has anyone else had a similar problem with sodas or other foods/drinks?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    I have zero issues with regular or diet soda, even after an extended period without them.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    :sad: I want your problem. I'd live off soda if I could.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think you're right on what the issue is. In college I was main lining energy drinks so when I had one after cutting them out cold-turkey three months prior, I threw up. Same goes for candy at this point, it makes me nauseous. Hats off to you for cutting those items out of your diet in the first place. Respect what your body is communicating, and make a conscious effort to completely cut out those drinks if they're making you sick. Best of luck with your goals:)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I know that feeling your talking about. I have stopped drinking them. Every now and then I have a craving for them. When I do I get a can, and take one or two sips and pour it out or give it away.
  • donjessop
    Options
    My issue, which may be similar to yours, is that artificial sweeteners (sucralose, aspartame, Acesulfame potassium, etc.) give me headaches, bloating and a general nauseous feeling. It doesn't take much to bring it on, just one mouthful of artificial sweeteners and I am hurting. As a result I have had to find "diet" foods and nutrition bars that are not sweetened with any of the artificial sweeteners. Makes it more difficult but not impossible.
  • fraklein
    fraklein Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Caffeine always makes me seriously gassy, bloated, and nauseous. :sick: