Smoothie Bottles/Containers

Options
So I've started making my own smoothies, but would be handy to have a bottle or a container so that if I make enough for 2 servings, I can keep one in the fridge or take some with me when I have a day of uni classes or even for work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for bottles that would be good for this purpose - that is, for thick smoothies in particular? Don't think my usual water bottle would be able to take the thicker consistency of smoothies.

Replies

• SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I use the Bolthouse Farms bottles. Only because I buy their products and put a small portion of it into my own home made smoothie. They have a large bottle and a small bottle.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Protein shaker bottles? I got one free with my protein powder.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    So I've started making my own smoothies, but would be handy to have a bottle or a container so that if I make enough for 2 servings, I can keep one in the fridge or take some with me when I have a day of uni classes or even for work.

Does anyone have any suggestions for bottles that would be good for this purpose - that is, for thick smoothies in particular? Don't think my usual water bottle would be able to take the thicker consistency of smoothies.

the bottles Sobe comes in are nice and thick. I regularly reuse them for water, or even hot tea.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Tervis Tumbler with a lid
  • kathystrauss1
    kathystrauss1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A Nalgene bottle with a wide mouth. Easier to pour in and out of and to clean.
  • Whooleeah
    Whooleeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem with my protein drinks in the morning. I just bought the Blender bottle from the Vitamin Shoppe. It holds up to 26oz, it's plastic. I was able to put all of my drink in. They have great colors too.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I use a wide mouth mason jar usually
  • Alaarie
    Alaarie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja to make my smoothies. The particular one that I have comes with three cups. You screw the blade right into the top of the cup to mix, then remove the blade and screw on a lid. It's roughly two cups worth of smoothie.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My experience with keeping smoothies in the fridge for later are that they tend to change in consistency...and not in a good way.
  • alynewbill
    Options
    I second the Blender Bottle. I just bought one yesterday, and my protein shake was way smoother than it has been with the old shaker bottle, and I didn't have to shake it nearly as long. Supposedly, the blender ball works enough that you can even get peanut butter into a protein shake, but I haven't had a chance to test that out yet.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I use a mason jar.
  • suuta
    suuta Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went to Walmart and got some Thermos bottles. They are great. The smoothies stay cold for a long time so I can toss one in my bag and go to work without worrying it will melt before I get there. Also I make two servings of each smoothie, one I drink as a breakfast and the other I keep for after lunch. Keeps the hunger pangs at bay. Try the book: Superfood Smoothies by Julie Morris, they are delicious!!!

BTW, the link is for the bottles I use now. I think I paid $15 dollars for them at Walmart.

http://www.thermos.com/products/purple-16-oz-funtainer-bottle.aspx

As for my blender, I use a Breville Die-Cast Blender 800BLXL (on sale at Amazon.ca now -$130.00) It has a 2 liter capacity but can blend nearly anything in a minute or less. I use it every day.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My experience with keeping smoothies in the fridge for later are that they tend to change in consistency...and not in a good way.

I second this. I like to freeze mine sometimes though and defrost at my desk.
  • chewenvy
    chewenvy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use a Ninja to make my smoothies. The particular one that I have comes with three cups. You screw the blade right into the top of the cup to mix, then remove the blade and screw on a lid. It's roughly two cups worth of smoothie.

yeah i have a george foreman mix n go which sounds exactly the same. the bottles that come with are purrrrfect.