pre packaged salads

Options
I frequently buy pre made salads…you know the ones with the base lettuce and then add-on toppings and dressing included. Am i right in thinking the calorie count listed means you have used the entire quantity of dressing? I never use all the dressing…even if i was a fan of dressing they still give way too much. Anyone have an opinion of how many calorie to shave off if i've thrown away more than half of it?
Just wondering…i'm not having any trouble maintaining….just want access to as many calories as i can get!

Replies

• TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would just log it as though I ate all of the dressing. Counting calories isn't exact and it's better to count over than under.
  • Omnidir
    Omnidir Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would figure what the salad dressing calories were and reduce accordingly. For example, the last one I got had 4.5 servings, 1.5 TBS per serving Ranch Dressing (so 1.5 x 4).. 6 TBS.. and if I ate 1/2 then figure out the calories for 3 TBS of full fat ranch dressing. .. subtract that from the package calories to get a good figure
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would just log it as though I ate all of the dressing. Counting calories isn't exact and it's better to count over than under.

This - because no doubt the makers of the salad aren't measuring with a scale and the whole thing is probably over what is stated on the packet.