25 with 75 pounds to lose

Options
Hey all. I'm Luke. I've recently got into wanting to losing weight which is a good thing. This year has been rough for me, since I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis back in april, and doctors are still trying to figure out this stuff.

My goal is to lose 75-80 pounds. I'm currently 5 foot 11, and I weigh 272 pounds.

I love the calorie counter on here, and how I can add the exercise to it. It even has raking yards as one of the exercise! I spent doing that today for like 90 minutes.

Are the calories for the food items accurate??

And as long as I keep my food consumption less than the exercise, I will lose weight?

Replies

• Uselessly_Irrelevant
    Options
    Are the calories for the food items accurate??

And as long as I keep my food consumption less than the exercise, I will lose weight?

The calorie count is about as accurate as you let them be. You have to make sure you weight and measure your food. If you're eating a TV dinner, then it's already pre-measured and you can just enter it in that way - but if you're making mashed potatoes or making something, you gotta make sure you know how much you're getting. One big pit-fall is vastly underestimating portion sizes. What you think *looks* like a cup may in fact be 2 or 3 cups. So if you're new, make sure you measure things and I'd highly recommend investing in a kitchen scale.

And essentially yes, as long as your food consumption is less than what you use up in a day then you will lose weight.

Just remember that there will be ups and downs, good days and bad days, some times it will seem like you aren't losing any weight, sometimes you'll slip up and eat more than you should - just keep moving forward. Remember that you're human and forgive yourself, be patient and stay determined. Good luck! :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    This is an excellent thread to read to get you started. Good luck.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants