Sugar

Options
I've been mostly focused on calories since trying to lose weight, but I've noticed that I go over my allotted sugar quite often. And it's not on junk food. Like today with lunch I had 1/2 cup of applesauce and that took up 26g of my 30g allowed for the day. So my question is should I really worry about this or continue to focus more on calories?

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Forget tracking sugar. MFP lumps all sugars together so it really means nothing. I changed my sugar tracking to fiber which actually means something.
  • tinnyhinny
    tinnyhinny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about that too....
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me of this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1133358-sugar
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Be careful with sugar. It is seductively sweet. Before you know it, you will be eating ice cream.
  • ksmithnh
    ksmithnh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have the same challenge any time I eat a lot of fruit and even just from adding 1 Tbsp sugar to my coffee. I think its good to keep an eye on but there is a big difference between processed sugar and natural sugars and I definitely wouldnt stress if most of yours are coming from fruits (without added sugar).
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Be careful with sugar. It is seductively sweet. Before you know it, you will be eating ice cream.

THAT'S what I haven't done this week! Thanks for the reminder:):drinker: