Human weight simulator - realistic or not?

Options
I ran across this from the other site I visit.

Per the site - "The Body Weight Simulator, developed by Dr. Kevin Hall’s research group, is an online tool designed for obesity researchers and weight management professionals to better understand how diet and exercise quantitatively contribute to weight loss and weight loss maintenance."

What do you guys and gals think?

http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/

Replies

• donjessop
    Options
    Interesting. Based upon the data that I have this appears to be fairly accurate. I don't have a whole lot of data to go on, but it seems to match what I have experienced over the past 8 weeks. (When I got my Fitbit and started exercising)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    That was fun to do.
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Bumping in case others want to try it.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    that was actually quite fun and yes, more or less realistic for myself :-)
  • MickeyCastello
    Options
    Bumping again.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    subscribed so I can do this when I get home....
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It is matching my situation/results quite well, with one caveat - it is assuming 30% of weight loss will come from LBM.
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This is super cool and really matches my experience!
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    It seems to assume a somewhat low amount of lean body mass, both in the bodyfat percentages (per body weight) and in the calorie requirements.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It's not accurate at all for me, but I have thyroid disease, so most of the calorie calculations for my age, height, weight and gender don't work for me. Sad, I'd LOVE to maintain on 2000 calories per day!
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I found it too liberal. It told me i could eat more calories than what MFP says to reach and maintain goal.
  • Sully16
    Sully16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    If only Java worked for me.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Mine says my current baseline diet is 2,190 calories per day (I assume that's what I would eat to maintain my current weight). I can reach my goal weight in a year if I eat 1305 calories per day, and then maintain it after that on 1766 calories per day. Bleah.