Vitamin D & Losing weight

So I went to the doctor last week because the last year or so I have been very fatigued. I also have had thinning hair and my nails were peeling. She did a test and apparently my vitamin d levels are abnormally low. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and when they started taking the vitamins was it easier to lose weight? I have been having one heck of a time with shedding this weight and I read on the internet that some people had more success after treating the deficiency. I also read that it isn't related and will do nothing in terms of weight loss. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated!! :happy:

Replies

• JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Not losing weight but hubby had a big vitamin D defiencency and as soon as he started taking a supplement aches & pains in his joints especially ankle went away.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I was just tested this past fri for anemia and thyroid issues cause of fatigue. All my labs came back normal, so dr mentioned taking vitamin D. So curious too of others answers on this
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    I live in Oregon - the joke is that we're all Vitamin D deficient since we don't see the sun 9 months out of the year. I take a supplement, but i've not noticed it having any affect on my WL.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    I live in Oregon - the joke is that we're all Vitamin D deficient since we don't see the sun 9 months out of the year. I take a supplement, but i've not noticed it having any affect on my WL.

Just wanted to say I love your cockatiel!! Your puppy is adorable also!!