Chicken Helper?

Options
This may seem like a really dumb question but.....how on earth do you log chicken helper? When the box says 1 cup prepared "as packaged" is such and such calories, is it referring to just the noodles and sauce or the noodles, sauce, and the breaded chicken which is cooked separately? (They provide the breading). OR...is it the noodles, sauce, and breading, but not chicken (since that part isn't provided)! I could go on and on, but I won't :x lol

It also says to cook the chicken in butter or oil or something (can't remember lol), are they factoring that in? It's just awfully vague so it's driving me crazy.....anyone have any idea? *brain explodes*

Replies

• hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    For simplicity's sake, I log it as packaged, because sometimes I use less butter than the recipe calls for, sometimes I use skim milk, sometimes whole.. so it can change the calorie content of the prepared serving.

"As packaged" is ONLY referring to the stuff in the box. So when I create this as a recipe on MFP, I log the whole chicken helper box AS PACKAGED, then 1 pound ( or 10 ounces, or 12 ounces, whatever I've thawed out) of chicken, the amount of milk and butter I use, then I say that the recipe has 5 servings and I get my calorie count per serving from that calculation. Hope this helps!!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Thank You!!!!!!