Sometimes I just wish it was a normal day...

Options
I am looking forward to being weighed tomorrow... here in South Africa I have gone to Weigh-Less for over 14 months.. I started at the weight of 134.2kgs (295.24 pounds) now down to 86.6kgs (190.52 pounds)

Just wish i was at the point of 70kgs (154 pounds).. goal weight..

I get tired of always worrying about what i eat.. I understand that the rest of my life will be like that.. its just sometimes , its hard...

I gave myself 2 years to get to goal weight.. I suppose it took much longer to put it on so I cant expect it to just fall off... 48.4kgs (106.48 pounds) loss so far..

I should be proud of myself but sometimes I just wish it was a normal day...

Replies

• Swilcox78
    Swilcox78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to being weighed tomorrow... here in South Africa I have gone to Weigh-Less for over 14 months.. I started at the weight of 134.2kgs (295.24 pounds) now down to 86.6kgs (190.52 pounds)

I get tired of always worrying about what i eat.. I understand that the rest of my life will be like that.. its just sometimes , its hard...

I gave myself 2 years to get to goal weight.. I suppose it took much longer to put it on so I cant expect it to just fall off... 48.4kgs (106.48 pounds) loss so far..

I am new to posting here, but wow what a lot you have accomplished so far. I totally get worrying and tracking food is a drag but look at what you are doing! Amazing success! I can't wait to read your post when you are at goal!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    First of all Congrats, You have lost 106lbs. That in itself has added years to your life and life to your years. My best advice to you going forward is to not worry about it, Eat the way you plan on eatting for the rest of your life and then do it.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

I am the same way. I wish I was at where I wanted to be, but I know I will get there one day.

Btw congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lynn900
    lynn900 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.. really needed that.. :smile: i always stress just before weigh in day...
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on your accomplishment so far!! You have done so very well!! On days when I feel down, or just don't 'want' to log or eat properly, I try to tell myself this, "Where would I be today, if I had not started this journey"? I had a lot of joint pain, was easily fatigued and had a hard time walking after my 13 hour night shifts! Things are getting better as I lose more weight!!

You have come so far and you don't have nearly as far to go!! Congratulations!!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    What you have done is nothing short of amazing. You need to consider one thing. Look around you, if your environment is like mine, all those people that you think have "Normal" days are at the very least overweight. Many of them are obese, and morbidly obese. That is not "Normal" or the "Normal" that you want. We have all settled into the thought that eating fast food, and rediculus amounts of it are "Normal". It isn't, and I am just getting to the point of understanding that. There are two things that I wanted when I reached my goal weight, Eggs Benedict, and Fried Chicken, from a specific restaurant about 45 minutes from my house. Have not had either, but planning on the chicken in a couple of weeks. It will work in my calories for the week, and I will have it with no guilt. How many of those "Normal" people can say that?

There is a guy that works in my office,mand has for a few years, we are friendly. He smokes, weighs I am sure above 450 lbs, and has a 7 year old son, that I know is very important to him. Everyday he walks in with a large bad from McDonald's and a large soda. That is at 6a. I want to take him, and shake him. That is a "Normal" I do not want to experience.
  • lynn900
    Options
    This so true... just last week my family and I went away for the weekend... I would not of been happy if I was still the size I was originally..

I also amazed myself and actually went canoeing with my hubby... it was priceless to actually canoe myself.....

if I had gone when I was my original size.. I would of lay in my tent and read my magazines and slept the whole day away.. instead we were up at 5am and walking and seeing the wildlife..

and the 4 mags that I had taken with me were never read till we got home on Sunday afternoon... :bigsmile:
  • lynn900
    Options
    I dont know if you guys can see my original photo of me.. and my original jeans i first got weighed in...
    how do u post photos here?
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    WOW! Talk about FAT pants. Great job!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I dont know if you guys can see my original photo of me.. and my original jeans i first got weighed in...
    how do u post photos here?

People can see it on your profile but if you wanted to put it in the thread you would need the pic on some sharing website like Flikr or instagram then you could post the link with webpage linkbut the img would be lowercase and it would show your pic.  if you hit quote on this post you will see what I am talking about.tumblr_static_cat-gifs-shared-by-gplus-jay-puri_72.gif
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    You are doing GREAT!! So proud of you for losing the weight. Keep it up. I also wish I did not have to think about food all the time. It would be so freeing. I am trying to think about relationships, doing things for others etc. I waste too much energy thinking about what I am going to eat, not eat, should not have eaten etc. I know this is a life long journey but enough is enough!!!