Starting Again

I haven't gained back all my weight but I was religiously weighing in between 131 - 133 lbs, and now I've been weighing in between 135-138 lbs. I haven't been tracking or logging foods and have been cheating a fair amount, more than I should have. I haven't been exercising daily (no running since I have asthma and it's cold out) and no pilates every day like I used to.

I'm struggling getting back into it but today I decided to log back on here daily and start logging my foods, and to get back into eating only healthy clean options. The last thing I want to do is gain my weight back after working so hard to lose it.

Has anyone else dealt with this too after reaching their goal weight? I was down 35 lbs.

Replies

• monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    dont let this small set back get you down! most important thing is that you have noticed things were not going well and you are back to what works for you!
  • Fat2FitQueen
    Fat2FitQueen Posts: 79 Member
    Dont frett baby girl...this is your life.. your horse... if you fall off, the best thing to do is admit you've slipped... dust yourself off & get back on & ride the **** out of it...sorry 4 the french...you know what your body needs & its already in ur :heart: (((HUGS)))
  • I am right there with you. I lost the weight and maintained for 9 months. I stopped logging and weighing myself. In May, I started sitting outside at night having a glass of wine. This led to 2 and 3 and an entire bottle almost every evening. I gained back 10 lbs. I am back on track and have started to lose again. I am back in the habit of weighing myself every morning - very controversial as you have to be able to handle a 1-3 lbs increase in weight even when eating correct and exercising. I log food and exercise and then read these posts.

I want to fit in my winter clothes from last year!!! I know we can do this.
  • katetaylor999
    katetaylor999 Posts: 54 Member
    I'm with you too...I lost 37lbs and have gained back 20 over the summer. Just geeting back on the horse again myself, but it's a struggle to start with!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Sounds like you have a wonderful plan. Most people regain. If you start up again I'll bet you'll do great. You've only gained a tiny bit. It will come right back off.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,209 Member
    Look at it this way. You caught yourself early. Many people over time would have regained all 35 pounds that they lost and then added another 10 pounds. You didn't do that. You are not starting over. Five pounds is a very doable anount of weight to lose. You can do this.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    At least you caught it early I lost 100 pounds a few years ago and then gained back about 50. Be persistent it is harder the 2nd time around.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I'm terrified of getting to maintenance for the same reason--what if I don't know how to maintain? To solve that problem I kept dropping my goal by another few pounds any time I was close.

I recently took a giant step backwards, too--we moved and I fell out of all of my good habits. I ended up gaining ~10 pounds. I weigh less than I did last year at this time, so I have that going for me!

The important thing is that you know what you did--you stopped tracking, you cheated, you stopped exercising... Now you just need to do all of the opposites and you'll be back in shape in no time!

Good luck!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    I'm actually back on here again today for the same reason. I've been maintaining within just a few pounds, but I've recently seen a hold at about 3 pounds above my goal weight. While this isn't much, I don't want to fall back into bad habits, and I've decided to log again for awhile to make sure I stay on track.

It also wouldn't hurt my feelings to lose 5 pounds before the holidays ;)
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Yep, I didn't stop logging I just overshot maintenance by a good amount as well as eating over and partying too much. I had lost only 15 pounds, so gaining back 7 or 8 feels like a LOT! I was pretty horrified, but am trying to remember that I KNOW how to turn it back, I just have to buckle back down and be patient.

I bumped my calories down to my losing deficit (small, -300 per day) and hope to get back into my "maintenance window" by Thanksgiving. I'm focusing on keeping my weekly average at my net goal. Once I get back down to my happier numbers, I will experiement a bit more cautiously to find my maintenance numbers.
  • Motria
    Motria Posts: 54 Member
    Yup, I've gained back about the same amount as you in the past few months. I kept on thinking I just needed to watch my portions a little and snack less. But this week I realized that major discipline and tracking were needed. *sigh*

Today I ate under my goal and I feel pretty stuffed from dinner. Getting a lot of my calories from fiber and protein really helps. Less Halloween candy, more black bean patties.

Good luck getting back into good habits. Looks like there is a lot of support here. You are not alone!
  • heather4949
    heather4949 Posts: 80 Member
    Tell you what.....it is a lot easier to lose weight than keep in maintenance......you eat more than you should....and boy do those scales climb up quicker than you can blink an eye.....it is just so frustrating....
  • cowboy032587
    cowboy032587 Posts: 24 Member
    I feel you, lost 25 pounds only to gain half of it back over the summer. Finally got sick of the excess weight again so started back logging and working out regularly yesterday. That first week or so sucks with cravings and being sore(if you start back on a excercise routine) but end results are worth it!!!
  • jackielou867
    jackielou867 Posts: 422 Member
    The message that seems to be repeating itself here, is that you are all human, you all slipped up a little, but you all know exactly what to do about it, and you have it under control.
    Well done all of you :-)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Agree with everyone, it happens, but it's good you realized to make the move! good luck!
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you everyone for the support. I know it's not a big gain by any means but physically I just feel exhausted all the time again. I hate that feeling and am so ready to get back to it. I injured my knee a couple weekends ago and now it's finally feeling better so I can get back into pilates on a regular basis. I was under my calorie goal with healthy clean foods and high proteins so I feel better already.

Please don't hesitate to bend my ear if anyone needs support :)
  • KBGAgent
    KBGAgent Posts: 165 Member
    Sounds like you've gained a bit, not much. Sounds like you acknowledge that you gained and want to do something.

So the only thing that I can't tell by your comment is if you are willing to do what you did in the past(or try something new) to bring your weight to where you want it.

I've been up and down many times myself and I don't want to go up again, but, catching it a 5lbs sounds like you are gonna get on top of it. You can do, you did it before!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,209 Member
    Tell you what.....it is a lot easier to lose weight than keep in maintenance......you eat more than you should....and boy do those scales climb up quicker than you can blink an eye.....it is just so frustrating....

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. To me, maintenance is MUCH easier than losing weight. More food and a little less exercise. The challenge with maintenance is there is no end point. I intend to maintain my weight and current size for the rest of my life, which means I'll need to watch portion sizes and what I eat nearly every day. And I can't slip back into old habits. But it's still all very doable, in my opinion.
  • It is good to hear that so many people have the same problem and feelings that I have. I have not figured out how to maintain. Losing was much easier for me than trying to maintain. I lost about 40 a year and a half ago, and about 10 have slipped back on. I am ready to get back on track again, quit being too lazy to track my intake, and pick up my walking again.
  • I think maintaining is harder than losing. I used to say no to almost everything and loved to see the changes in clothes and scale number. Once I made the goal, got the new clothes, it is hard to realize that this is my new body. I keep feeling like my clothes should get looser. I stopped logging etc and gained back 10 lbs. I am back on track and losing but... it is hard for me.