Greek Yogurt Smoothie?

Options
I am looking for new ways to eat my eat yogurt (which I looooove). I was wondering would it be a good idea to add greek yogurt to a smoothie. As anyone ever tried it?

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, especially for breakfast or after a hard workout. I <3 4oz plain greek yogurt, scoop of whey protein, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, & a little water. Ends up being about 35g protein & around 280 calories.

If I want less protein & fewer cals, I use 1/2 scoop protein powder instead (~215 cals, 22g protein).
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I use some 2x protein greek yogurt in my after-work protein shake with my afternoon supplements. At first the tangy bitter flavor wasa off-putting, but I actually like it now. Don't use to much, since it's basically concentrated yogurt.
  • Kpatty
    Kpatty Posts: 41
    Options
    I love it! I use fat-free vanilla yogurt or strawberry flavored in my smoothies. I add 1/2 a scoop of protein powder, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, 1/2 a banana, skim milk, and a tbsp of sorbet (pomegranate). It's delicious!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I make protein shakes with greek yogurt. I made one tonight that was a scoop of strawberry Designer Whey protein powder, half a cup of 0% fage greek yogurt, 1/2 cup light vanilla soy milk, and half a cup of frozen mango chunks. It was delicious and 240 calories total.

I also use it in non-protein shakes. I have half a cup of orange juice (or fruit juice), half a cup of greek yogurt, a cup or so of frozen fruit (usually strawberries, pineapple, and mango), and some soy milk. Tastyyyyy
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I do the same ... I add Greek yogurt instead of milk to my protein shake (I use Spiru-tein unsweetend vanilla) with a little water and fresh or frozen fruit.