Today I wore my shirt tucked in!

Options
Today I decided to tuck in my shirt. I never wear my shirt tucked in because I am embarrassed to show my belly. I decided to motivate myself to continue my journey by having the courage to reveal my belly. I know I will lose this belly but now I am embracing my efforts.

Replies

• kahays
    kahays Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I got the "are you losing weight" from a friend this weekend. Amazing how motivating simple things can be!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Oustanding ....... keep workin' this :drinker:
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    ohmigosh I LOVE this NSV!!! I can relate and I'm so happy for you!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!

I have not tucked in a shirt, ever. Seriously. Not even as a little kid or teen. When I was old enough to work, I purposely avoided any place with a dress code/uniform that would require a tucked shirt.

My thing the past few months is actually wearing shirts that come to my waist or just very slightly past. I used to wear all of my shirts at mid-hip or crotch length and it's really weird to feel good enough about my lower belly that I think jeans/pants look fine uncovered in that area.
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hey I know exactly what you're talking about. Just recently I tucked mine in for the first time in years. I've decided it's going to stay tucked in from now on. Congrats to you on this.
  • msmonique46
    msmonique46 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yep! Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thanks.
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thanks. You go boy!!!!
  • msmonique46
    Options
    I celebrate you for loosing weight and encourage you to continue. Baby steps with the shirts. I can relate. God Bless!!!
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thanks. What is NSV?
  • msshirleyo
    msshirleyo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Just keep it up, you're doing great!!!!
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thanks.
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Today I decided to tuck in my shirt. I never wear my shirt tucked in because I am embarrassed to show my belly. I decided to motivate myself to continue my journey by having the courage to reveal my belly. I know I will lose this belly but now I am embracing my efforts.

WTG MsMonique! Embrace your beauty girl! It all starts with you...the rest will follow.
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    excellent NSV!
  • SwtPzYaya
    SwtPzYaya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! I got the "are you losing weight" from a friend this weekend. Amazing how motivating simple things can be!!

Words are power... congrats on your weight loss and continued success on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thanks.
  • obiegirl
    Options
    I love the part about embracing your efforts. It reminds me to celebrate where I am now, not just get upset that I'm not exactly where I want to be. Great NSV, and great work!!
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Thanks. What is NSV?

NSV = non scale victory. Stuff that feels good about losing weight, but has nothing to do with the actual lower number on the scale
  • msmonique46
    Options
    Thanks. What a lovely term.