Wii Fit... How accurate it is?

Options
Hi All,
I have been on this journey with MFP for a week and have been using the Wii Fii to track weight and calories for exercise. Is anyone else just using the Wii and how has it worked? Is it accurate? I am happy with the figures for the week but I am doubting the accuracy. Anyone else feel the same??:huh:

Replies

• stringcheeze
    Options
    I like it for something fun to do, but I take its calculations with a grain of salt -- after all, it can't really tell how hard (or not) you're working.
  • bzymummy
    bzymummy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to purchase this. Do you actually feel like you are working out with it? I would hate to buy it and just feel like I'm playing a game.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I find the scale fairly accurate and I use it for all my weigh ins. I found that the Wii Fit program was good whe you were first getting started for light exercise and increasing mobility, but it soon became more fun than challenge. I upgraded to EA Active, and it can still use the Fit board, and I find it much more of a challenge.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    I've been wanting to purchase this. Do you actually feel like you are working out with it? I would hate to buy it and just feel like I'm playing a game.
    The game part is what makes it enjoyable, well for me anyway. :happy: The drive to get a better score than the last time helps to keep me at it.

Some of the activities you will outgrow in a short while, but others you can stick with (like Super Hula Hoop). They also make other games that involve the FIt board -- I purchased a workout game from the same people who do the 10 Minute Solutions DVDs. The step activities combined with the weighted gloves that come with the game definitely get your heart beating better than Wii Fit's Advanced Step. You can program longer routines, but it seems like 20 minutes is its max.

I'd like to eventually get the EA Active, but right now between Tae Bo, Jillian MIchaels, the 10 Minute Solutions Wii game, and another weight training DVD that kinda works like the 30 Day Shred strength stuff, I don't think I'll be bored anytime soon. :tongue:
    I find the scale fairly accurate and I use it for all my weigh ins

I found the opposite true. It always reads me about 20lbs under what I really am. I think its due to the surface I set it on when working out -- wall to wall carpeting in my apartment, and it's pretty thick carpet.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    I have heard a lot of people ask about this lately, surprisingly enough I just started back up using it yesterday, because I reached my goal weight to be able to use it again. It has a weight limit of 330 lbs. Last night for the first time like in a year I was able to use it. I just did 40 minutes of various exercises (the hula hoop one kicks your butt, and the rhythm boxing) I am sweating buckets, and it told me after doing that I lost 304 calories. I think it's rather fun and accurate!
  • JessicaMS
    JessicaMS Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have used the wii fit plus program for the last seven weeks. Recently I was getting weigh in numbers that varied by 10 to 20 pounds each day. This was obviously inaccurate. So I spoke with their very polite customer service representative and arranged to have my board repaired or replaced. It will be back in 8 days and will cost about 50 dollars, half what a new board and wii fit plus program would sell for as new. I did not like the idea of spending 50 but it was better than 100.
  • DMK710
    DMK710 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have not had a problem with the scale part of my wii. I love my wii fit. It is so much better for me then a gym membership due to my work schedule. I would recommend the wii to anyone. You can always add ankle weights and hand held weights for an xtra work out.
  • loopybec2002
    loopybec2002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    So far I have been only using the Wii fit i have been doing workouts every other day on the programmed routines at 3 per section. Along with healthy eating I have lost 14lb in 6 weeks. I think its working for me but I no longer get tired so I have been and brought the biggest loser game and that really does work me out.
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. This has been helpful. I will continue using it for strength training the step up can get a little slow and boring so I have gotten some aerobic dvds to use also. I just have no idea what training to do with the thing. I guess I will get used to it. Thank you all again.
  • yourmamasaidwha
    Options
    alright, well i can't tell if there's really another page to this question, but i'd like to share a real answer...the weigh in's are accurate, all measurements are very, very accurate...minus the fact that yes, it can't tell how hard you really are working...you could simply tap if you wanted to but where would that get you? anyhow...the only thing that isn't so great is that the Wii Fit Plus running (island run) isn't completely accurate...it's rates you at twice what you've really done...

in a six degree way, it's accurate-ish if you just learn to live with halving your distance...good luck to all!
  • MrsHazra
    MrsHazra Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    thank ,, that helps :)
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit and Wii Fit Plus. The scale is really accurate. I have a bathroom scale and they always match up. It also kicks my behind. If you're doing the exercises like you're suppose to then it's going to work, but if you cheat then it won't work. There are a lot of fun games on there. I really enjoy the boxing and hula hooping. I am never not sweating and out of breath when I finish those.