Water, water everywhere..

Options
So, besides pure water, do you count any other beverages as water - including tea, diet drinks, protein shakes, etc? What about if they have caffeine?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    To be frank, it does not really matter. Just ensure you are getting adequate hydration.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    No, honestly I count them as part of a meal...with the water being additional
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Water is water.

Coffee is coffee.

Shakes are the sum of the ingredients.
  • missjones93
    missjones93 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Not if they have caffeine. I drink a lot of tea, which I count as water if it's caffeine free.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I don't count liquids at all. As long as your urine is pale yellow you're hydrated. Water has no magical weight loss properties so it really isn't worth the effort of worrying about how much and what you're drinking.
  • musicboxes
    musicboxes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Just water seems to be the key for me to shed that pounds, so I need to kick it up a notch.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Not if they have caffeine. I drink a lot of tea, which I count as water if it's caffeine free.

If that's because of the diuretic effect of caffeine, you'd need to drink more than 7 cups of coffee for it to have any effect.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

If that's because of the diuretic effect of caffeine, you'd need to drink more than 7 cups of coffee for it to have any effect.

Yup, the Mayo Clinic debunked small amounts of caffeine having the diuretic effect. I cannot remember the dosage that it begins at, but 7 cups sounds reasonable.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water. Everything else gets logged in the food area. I used to be awful about drinking water now I keep the amount of water on my top shelf in my fridge that I need to drink daily (for me thats 5 bottles a day)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So, besides pure water, do you count any other beverages as water - including tea, diet drinks, protein shakes, etc? What about if they have caffeine?

I would if I counted water. My body uses the water in all beverages. Just as it uses water from food. Water that is consumed is not ignored because other foods are present. If it were, then only water consumed on an empty stomach should count.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    water is water... everything else is logged under meal or snack.
  • MrsMetzler2013
    MrsMetzler2013 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water; I keep a 32 ounce cup on my desk and I drink 2-3 a day, plus another when I get home throughout the evening. I feel hydrated and I feel like it helps aid the weight loss process a little bit. I usually squeeze a lemon slice in my water a couple of times a day because lemons are a natural diuretic. Plus I burn a few extra calories with my increased trips to the restroom! :tongue:
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I don't drink pop or tea but I wouldn't count those as water.
  • kw1452
    kw1452 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Anything that is water based can be considered water, but I ignor the other drinks I drink and make sure that I'm drinking at least 2 liters of pure water every day. If I dont I wake up dehydrated and headachy. Water is the best way to get rid of water-weight too. Alot of people say at least 8 cups, but I do best on 12 cups a day. 8 seems to just make me feel dehydrated the next day.
  • rhoucheille
    Options
    I drink a lot of water; I keep a 32 ounce cup on my desk and I drink 2-3 a day, plus another when I get home throughout the evening. I feel hydrated and I feel like it helps aid the weight loss process a little bit. I usually squeeze a lemon slice in my water a couple of times a day because lemons are a natural diuretic. Plus I burn a few extra calories with my increased trips to the restroom! :tongue:

Same here. And also I replaced soda and juice with water. Since I'm well-hydrated, I feel like my skin is glowing and less hairfall.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Personally, I keep it them all separate. I have a 24 oz cup that I fill up with water at least 4 times a day at work. Everything else (tea w/ honey, coffee, etc) gets logged in separately.
  • health1971
    Options
    The only three things I log are tea, OJ, and Almond milk besides the 10 to 12 cups of water of daily intake :drinker: ...

I know it can be hard for some people to drink water but that's all I drink on a daily basis, I never cared much for soda pop or juices (except OJ) :tongue: ...
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    i drink so much water and other liquids i do not chart them
  • Krista916
    Options
    Water is water.

Coffee is coffee.

Shakes are the sum of the ingredients.

^^^^ THIS!
  • kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't log water because I know I exceed the recommended 8 a day. Fruits and vegetables contain water just as tea, and pretty much anything else you drink.