Sodium

Options
Hey...
I was wondering how much sodium you allow yourself?
Yesterday I ate over 3000mg of sodium and only drank around 6 cups of water, plus a can of ginger ale and some diet dr pepper.
I woke up weighing 102.6 yesterday...then this morning I weighed in at 104.4 =c
I weighed in at 10am yesterday and weighed in at 6am today...could that be why? I still don't think it'd be a two pound difference....

Maintaining....It's hard >.<
Also could you check out my diary for yesterday and see if I just ate too much? =/

Replies

• flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    That would do it for me! When my sodium is over 1500mg, that is exactly what I see. My body is a sponge under the influence of sodium. Because my sodium consumption is usually very low, it seems to react even more so.

Drink alot of water the next few days and it will come back off.

2lbs = 7000cals, did you eat that much in addition to maintanance? Probably not.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i can easily have 2 lbs of water weight from sodium the next morning if i had a lot of sodium that day. and i know not to freak out about it. try to lower your sodium intake if it bothers you. drink more water the next day after a lot of sodium and the scale will go back down
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I dont concern myself with sodium intake. If your so concerned about water weight, then keep your calories at a deficit until you lose a few pounds below your goal weight, then that extra few pounds of water weight wont corncern you either. If you have some medical reason to be concerned, I cant help you and dont listen me i am an idiot.
  • You want to try and make you potassium levels match your sodium levels and vice versa.
    You're probably dehydrated and need to drink more water.
    Try drinking at least 10 cups today and get lots of potassium and then see what you are tomorrow morning c:
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Sodium kicks my butt every time. I can easily see a scale gain of 2-3lbs which can last 2-3 days when I overdo it. I wouldn't worry, it's just water. Try to drink more water and maybe monitor sodium a little better to avoid the freak out!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    i can easily have 2 lbs of water weight from sodium the next morning if i had a lot of sodium that day. and i know not to freak out about it. try to lower your sodium intake if it bothers you. drink more water the next day after a lot of sodium and the scale will go back down
    Yep, it's frustrating if you weigh daily, but it's temporary.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My sodium levels are set at 1600, which is what I'm trying to absolute limit myself to. It's supposed to be 1400, but I'm finding it's hard to eat the amount of calories I need without going over on the sodium. I have more options with just a little more of an allowance.