Circuit metabolic and strength training

Options
Hi all!! I'm back - full swing. I had to cancel my weight watchers member ship - money issues - and this is the next best tracking site! SO! my question.
My fiance and I go to classes where its full circuit type training. Monday and Wednesday are high cardio, like 4 different types of stations for 45 minutes. Tuesdays is the same but for upper body and Thursdays for lower body.
I dont know what the best way to record this is...do I have to log each activity individually or is there a way to completely log the 45 minutes accurately. Ive never tracked exercise on here mainly because I dont eat it back but I want to just start tracking eveything

Replies

• Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You can do a number of things - either set up your own exercises (on the exercise tab, there is a button to do this), or just record them as circuit training. If you don't want to record calories, you can change the calorie count to 1 or some other low number so it doesn't add to your available calories. This is what a lot of people do if they are following the TDEE-xx% method, but still want to record their calories. If you are following MFP's recommendation for weight loss, then the expectation is that you will eat your calories back. Keep in mind, most people (me included) think that the calorie estimates by MFP are overstated. I always discount them by 50%. Hope this helps!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    All "calories burned" numbers are really just gross estimates. You can probably find some calorie estimate for circuit training online somewhere. So just use that number, track your calories, and adjust as necessary.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    MFP has circuit training in the database.
  • leblanc_kelly88
    leblanc_kelly88 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was only looking in the strength section for circuit, I kind of forgot to check the cardio area!