How many Calories do i burn at work?

Options
Hello, i was wondering roughly how many calories i burn a day while at work, I work at "super Walmart" unloading freight from trucks from 4pm-1am Tues-Sat.... heres what my day consist of:

4:00-6:00.........Taking boxes off rollers(from truck) and stacking on pallets 3-15 feet away...about 2800 boxes among 5-7 of us.
6:00-6:15........break
6:15-8:00........moving pallets around in warehouse and stocking merchandise(depends on day)
8:00-9:00........lunch
9:00-11:00........pulling pallets and carts to the floor(keep in mind this is a super walmart so its BIG)(we pull the pallets all the pallet jack does is lift them up)
11:00-11:15......break
11:15-1:00.......More pulling of pallets or stocking water or it depends really.

Keep in mind everyday is different and Thursdays we have 2 trucks and i have to pull the freight out of 1 truck and put it on the rollers...non stop 2+ hours of intense work in a truck baking at 120+ degrees.

So on average what do you think i burn daily?

Replies

• LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Hello, i was wondering roughly how many calories i burn a day while at work, I work at "super Walmart" unloading freight from trucks from 4pm-1am Tues-Sat.... heres what my day consist of:

4:00-6:00.........Taking boxes off rollers(from truck) and stacking on pallets 3-15 feet away...about 2800 boxes among 5-7 of us.
    6:00-6:15........break
    6:15-8:00........moving pallets around in warehouse and stocking merchandise(depends on day)
    8:00-9:00........lunch
    9:00-11:00........pulling pallets and carts to the floor(keep in mind this is a super walmart so its BIG)(we pull the pallets all the pallet jack does is lift them up)
    11:00-11:15......break
    11:15-1:00.......More pulling of pallets or stocking water or it depends really.

Keep in mind everyday is different and Thursdays we have 2 trucks and i have to pull the freight out of 1 truck and put it on the rollers...non stop 2+ hours of intense work in a truck baking at 120+ degrees.

So on average what do you think i burn daily?

You need to change your settings in your profile, there you will see "sedentary", "lightly active", "very active" etc.

Bear in mind though that if you change it to anything but "sedentary", the more calories MFP will give you to eat/drink each day. However, if you have overestimated your activity, you will be allocated too many calories to eat and then may not be at a deficit and in turn, not lose your weight. Be really careful.

Personally, I do not add work activity in my daily calories allotment, anything I burn off, to me, is a bonus. As long as I eat nutritious food, get enough sleep, keep myself hydrated and ensure that I am at a calorie deficit each week, I have to lose the weight.

If we take into consideration every movement, we would never stop calculating.

All the best in your weight loss.