Personality type, is it accurate?

RedHeadDevotchka
RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
You know that test the Meyers Briggs one? I took it and I'm an ESFP the 'performer'
I felt it was almost spot on of me and my quirks. What about the rest of mfp? What is everyone?

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    INTJ from years ago. Should take it again and see if I have changed. I know I am probably more sensing than intuitive anymore, but suspect I would come up the same. I am too damn logical for my own good.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Just took the test. ISTJ.

It was spot on in logical career choices for an ISTJ. One of the choices was Accounting. I'm a Controller for a PE firm.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Funny. Took it just now and I am still super moderate in all areas. I could fluctuate with a few simple changes, and often do fluctuate depending on circumstances.

INTJ
    Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(31%) Judging(33%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
    You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (31%)
    You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

I think they are fun, but not completely accurate.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    INFP. We either become psychologists or hermits. Unfortunately, the pay sucks for both. Very accurate.

http://www.personalitypage.com/portraits.html
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    It's been a while, but I think I was an ENFP. I recall that it was kinda scary how s
    answering some questions could figure out my entire personality.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    ENTJ: The Executive:) weirdly accurate. Good thread OP!
  • noemibp
    noemibp Posts: 167
    It says I'm ENFP The inspirers. Oooh, I like that!
  • AndiGirl70
    AndiGirl70 Posts: 542 Member
    I'm an ENTP and I believe it to be accurate for the most part.

"In general, ENTPs are upbeat visionaries. They highly value knowledge, and spend much of their lives seeking a higher understanding. They live in the world of possibilities, and become excited about concepts, challenges and difficulties. When presented with a problem, they're good at improvising and quickly come up with a creative solution. Creative, clever, curious, and theoretical, ENTPs have a broad range of possibilities in their lives."
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    What's the URL to take the test? I'm curious now!
  • I've done this several times at work and always get slightly different answers - although they always start with an I!

(I'm a psychology graduate, although I don't work in the field, and I suggest these can be fun and entertaining and are quite useful to do with a group (say at work) as a way of starting a discussion about preferred communication styles etc. However to suggest that you can summarise the diversity of humanity into 16 boxes and say nice things about all of them is perhaps oversimplifying things? Also people behave differently in different circumstances, and you might get different answers if you took it in different company. In answer to the previous poster there are a variety of ways of taking this test from weblinks (just google myer briggs) to professionally administered and licensed providers who will provide personalised interpretation of the results. It has been around in the current form for about 50 years and is based on the work of Jung going back to the 1920s. There is some debate in the professional literature - supporting studies are alleged to have been funded by the body that makes money out of licensing testers, other have shown low levels of reliability and repeatability. In summary, a bit of fun, but I wouldn't use it as the basis of any serious life decisions....

Wikipedia has a pretty well balanced article here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator)
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    It's not used in clinical settings, or considered accurate by professionals. It's fun though. (Can you guess INTJ?)
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    INTJ from years ago. Should take it again and see if I have changed. I know I am probably more sensing than intuitive anymore, but suspect I would come up the same. I am too damn logical for my own good.
    THIS IS ME from years ago- haven't taken it in a long time though...
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    INTJ here according to the last test I took. I find it fairly convincing.

I wondered if it was one of those cases where the descriptions are general enough you see yourself in any of them. But the ways of thinking described for most of the types seem completely alien to me.

But INTJ, or INTP I nod along with a lot of stuff in the classic descriptions. It seems very familiar, and I see my own reactions to things reflected in the text.
  • Abnersama
    Abnersama Posts: 36 Member
    What's the URL to take the test? I'm curious now!

This is the one i've used - http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

ISFJ, for what it's worth.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    INFJ -I'm not sure....