I've lost 56.6% of my total body wt in 26 months :)

Options

Replies

• AllisonPlease
    AllisonPlease Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wonderful pose, wonderful story! You are such an amazing inspiration!
  • LifestyleChange29
    Options
    you look fantastic! your story such an inspiration. good for you!
  • heatherfeather130
    heatherfeather130 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring! So sorry for the loss of your grandma. My husband is in end stage renal failure and has diabetes (he is only 27 yrs old and is not very overwieght) and he and I just started on our weight loss journey together. I can relate to your story because his illness was a wake up call for me to want to start living a healthier life. Congrats on your weight loss! You look fantastic!
  • ejsmom02
    ejsmom02 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You look fantastic, and even more importantly, you're so very right in all of your advise. What a great job you've done. Nice work!!!
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    Wow impressive! You look lovely :flowerforyou:
  • judoknowme
    judoknowme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • pettifalou
    Options
    I am a newbie here... Ur hard work and determination is inspiring... Well done you look amazing! And I bet u feel it too x
  • Angila
    Angila Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I lost my weight with surgery but I am always so inspired by people who do it without. Congrats!!!!
  • enkennon
    enkennon Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Holy guacamole!!!!! What an inspiration you are!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    W
    O
    W
    !
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't be reading stories like this at work - I got teary eyed once I saw your photos at the same time as a client walked in! :) You look so healthy - What an inspiration!
    I recently lost my Mom to cancer & kidney failure at only 64 years old. It was a very painful death, in part due to a lifetime of being severely obese. I'm so happy for you that you were able to take control! Thanks for sharing!
  • kiwigal2013
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, its very encouraging. You look gorgeous! Well done and keep sharing your weight loss journey with others when able as it is truly inspiring.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Absolutely FABULOUS!! Great job and great beginning for the rest of your long and active life.
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Holy smokes.... WOW!!!

You are inspirational!!!!

So touching to hear about your relationship with your children! I got kinda teary eyed over here.

Do you find that now you have lost weight, you get to participate more actively in their lives?

Also, (just because I am always curious about this) would you mind sharing how many calories you are eating?

I do a lot of active things with my kids now. we go to the park, we walk the butte (1 mile up, 1 mile down), the river trails, we go swimming, hiking, I take them to the maize at the pumpkin patch, the county fair (lots of walking and I can actually fit on the rides now :drinker: ), bike riding,etc. basically anything they want to do, we do it now :)

I eat very fresh, no processed foods at all. I did not start out this way, but after seeing many studies and documentaries it just seemed the next best step in my weight lose journey. I think that as your journey matures you will start to see that certain things aren't working for you anymore or that you don't want to eat certain foods still and you will continue to make changes that benefit you and how you eat; everyone is different.

I am currently completing a 21-Day Sugar Detox i'm on day #7 and I've lost 8.6lbs. Obviously though this is not something I can keep up long term so I will incorperate fruit and dense carbs back into my diet. A lot of the food that I do eat is vegetables which are not high in calories, but I also eat a lot of protein: Black beans, Chicken, turkey, some pork (I'd eat fish but for some reason my body wont take it :ohwell: ) most nuts except for cashews and peanuts, and grains: brown rice, quinoa I do not personally like a lot of dairy products anymore, my tastes have changed ( I used to eat cheese on everything) so if I'm wanting a glass of milk I will drink unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk instead and on the rare occasion I will do a wedge of the laughing cow cheese spread with veggies.

A typical day for me is usually between 1000-1400 calories. I keep my diary public, I don't feel that I need to hide anything. If you notice I've logged lunch and dinner but not breakfast...it's probably because I slept late and woke up close to lunch time (doesn't happen often though).

I hope this answered your question :wink:
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't be reading stories like this at work - I got teary eyed once I saw your photos at the same time as a client walked in! :) You look so healthy - What an inspiration!
    I recently lost my Mom to cancer & kidney failure at only 64 years old. It was a very painful death, in part due to a lifetime of being severely obese. I'm so happy for you that you were able to take control! Thanks for sharing!

All of your comments touch me so deeply, I am very thankful I am still here and able to share and hopefully help other people too. :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Come on now...that's MEGA Fabulous, 56.6% of your body weight???!!!???!!!! WOW, you're my shero!!!!

:love: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :love:
  • DigitalDiana
    DigitalDiana Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    MORE than awesome....inspiring and motivational.....
  • melkentim44
    melkentim44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing story. Congrats on your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!