bloodtype diet

Options
2»

Replies

• Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm AB....and the diet takes away WAY too many of the foods i like!! I think i eat about 75% of this list every week! haha

Food not allowed
    Beef, Chicken, Cornish Hens, Duck, Goose, Pork, Partridge, Veal, Venison, Quail, All Shellfish (crab, shrimp, lobster, mussels, oysters, crayfish, clam, etc), Anchovy, Barracuda, Beluga, Bluegill Bass, Flounder, Haddock, Halibut, Herring, Eel, Frog, Lox, Octopus, Sea bass, Striped bass, Turtle, Yellowtail, American Cheese, Blue cheese, Brie, Buttermilk, Camembert, Ice cream, Parmesan, Provolone, Sherbet, Whole Milk, Oil (Corn, Cottonseed, Safflower, Sesame, Sunflower), Filberts, Poppy seeds, Pumpkin seeds, Sesame seeds, Sunflower seeds, Kidney beans, Lima Beans, Beans (Aduke, Azuki, Black, Fava, Garbanzo) Black-eyed Peas,Buckwheat, Corn (any products such as flour, bread and noodles made with these ), Kamut, Kasha, soba noodles, Artichoke pasta , Artichoke, Avocado, All type of Corns, Lima Beans, Black Olives, All kind of Bell Peppers, Radishes, Mung Bean Sprouts, Radish Sprouts, Mangoes, Guava, Coconuts, Bananas, Oranges,Allspice, Almond extract, Anise, Barley Malt, Capers, Cornstarch, corn syrup, Gelatin, Tapioca, Vinegar, Pepper (white, black, cayenne, red flakes)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I did the blood type diet about 6 months ago, That is how I started my weight loss journey . I was having bad knee pain and at my highest weight, I could not even walk, some days I had to use a cane . My brother had just started doing it and mentioned how good he felt so I gave it a try .. In just 4 days my knew pain was gone !! I felt amazing on it ..and my husband decided to follow it at the same time and his blood type was oposite what I could eat ! so it made it hard for me to cook for us plus another meal for my son.
    I switched to get more variety but I still go back and forth with it just because of the way it makes me feel.

It is very limited so I wanted to make sure I did not get to bored .

I am AB - so basically I was eating lots of Salmon and Tofu
  • bikerist
    Options
    I read up on it a while ago and dismissed it as nonsense, but some things ring true for me. I'm blood type A and I do thrive better on an organic, vegetable based diet with limited meat (which is the way I eat anyway). I also do better with minimum alcohol and caffeine, but figured that most people do anyway, neither are necessary. I'm sure some coffee addicts will disagree!!
  • Sonmi429
    Sonmi429 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I read the book. It's interesting but I don't think is properly backed by science.

My blood type, 0+ dictates I should eat lots of meat and I just can't. It makes me feel heavy and sleepy.

It also says I should not consume dairy or cereals. It's true, dairy bloats me a lot, but I can't live a day without consuming cereals.

Overall, it's just like the horoscope, it says general stuff that may or not be useful to a certain amout of people.