How many months to Go? Bump...!!!

I was waiting for my bus after work and a lady who usually catches the same bus came up to the stop. We exchanged smiles and talked about the bus being late.

And then suddenly she asked me "HOW MANY MONTHS TO GO"? I was stunned. How could you be so dump to ask such a question to a stranger? That was so rude.

But this is not the first time I have been asked this. I get this question quiet frequently from friends and relatives whom we visit after a long time. My stomach carries probably 50% of my weight and whenever I wear a normal waist trouser, it slips below my stomach and makes it look even bigger.

I have to buy high waist jeans to hide my big tummy! But just a big tummy can expose you the emabrassing questions like this. I was so ashamed and embarassed first, but I just replied NO with a straight face and looked away.

Shouldn,t people exercise some basic manners?

Replies

• Jessica_Mujahidah
    Jessica_Mujahidah Posts: 40 Member
    I was asked this before I started my diet and exercise, I was crushed so I know how you feel.

As a basic courtesy I would NEVER ask someone about being pregnant unless they told me first. Even "skinny" people can look pregnant, and I find it offensive and straight out rude to comment.

If I wanted you to know about my pregnancy (or lack of) I would tell you!