Color Run: Help?

Options
So, my dad and I have decided we'll be doing the color run next year; held on July 14th in Columbus.
My question is: what are some tips you can give us? Is there anything you regret? Have you done it? Was it worth it?

Replies

• heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    I've done one, it's not so great.

It's a basic 5k where every so often you run through a line of people throwing colored corn starch on you...gets in your eyes, mouth, nose...bah!
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I did it 2 weekends ago. I didnt train AT ALL. It was a last minute decision to go. Its more of a party then a race. Some people run it, others completely walk it. It IS fun and you will have a great time, but there is nothing competitive about it.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    oh-- and i DO agree with Val- you get corn starch in your mouth! haha
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I did it in June. Next year I am going all out in a costume of some sort. It is more of a party, a few ran but most people walked. I would also get more color bombs than I did to get my team more colorful, or figure out how to make them myself.
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I participated in my first color run this summer. I had a blast. It really is more of a party atmosphere. I got saturated in color but the people who squirted the powder where careful to keep it out of my face so I didn't have any trouble there. The focus is definitely on fun and silliness rather than competition. The only complaint I can muster up is that walkers did not stick to their side. Runners run on one side and walkers are supposed to walk on the other side. About 75% of the participants were walking so it made it difficult to run and try to challenge yourself. Even that was not a huge deal really. I just got good at weaving through people:)
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    They clean those messes up with bleach and other chemicals, which then drain into the sewer and out into the local water supply. When this was found out in our area, people were outraged. Not to mention, they get all the volunteers for free and pocket the majority of money made from registration fees with minimal going to cost of running the event, given that the cleaners and packet throwers are all free labor. Not my cup of tea. >=o(
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    It's a very laid back atmosphere. Most people actually ran it but at a very easy pace seeing as it's not timed. We had fun but not enough that I'd do it again.