Ab exercise?!?!

Options
Hi guys,

I've been working hard at my workouts everyday but I'm having a hard time focusing on my abs. Does anyone have an ab routine that has proven to work?! Please don't say sit ups and crunches

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges deadlifts with heavy weights....Planks too...
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    TRX atomic push ups & TRX pikes :smile:
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Hanging or Lying Leg Raises, Ab Wheel (they're cheap as hell and really awesome), Front Squat Holds, Weighted Sit-Ups, Dumbbell Side Bends, Landmines.
  • prukatt
    prukatt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Lay on your back, knees up. Point palms of hands outward at your side. Start with lifting yourself slightly off the ground and touch your left ankle, then right ankle, and back and forth without laying flat. You will feel instant burn.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Direct work: Roll outs (ab wheel or otherwise), Planks, Hanging leg raises, Dragon flags, DB Side bends, etc

Added benefit: Back Squats, Front Squats, Dbl KB Squats, Deadlifts, Renegade Rows, Chin Ups, etc
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    My go to is the Core 20 workout from Turbo Fire or P90X Ab Ripper (the original one, not the second), but I also love the Blogilates ab workouts. Particularly the Hard Core and Corset Training workouts. I like that they include the sides and lower back to give you a really strong core as well as strong abs. And they are definitely difficult! I think the best part is that the workouts are on youtube. So it's free!