Women- Have any ladies out there lost 60 lbs in 6 months?

Options

Replies

• addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Not exactly 6months, but yes! I'm down 60 lbs. started mid February- so 8 months. Get started now! If you are only down 45 lbs in 6 months, that's still great. Even if you only lose 20 lbs in 6 months, it's better than staying the same, or worse, gaining.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    I believe it is very possible. I lost 30 in 3 months last year. I exercised 3-4 times a week for 30 min. I also ate between 1200-1600 a day, spurting a more than a little. I believe with consistency it will work.
  • Megs120293
    Megs120293 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, so I've never done anything like this before, so if people could be helpful and give me some advice on this weight loss thing. I never used to need to lose weight because up until high school, I had always been thin or just the right size. But, I've been through a lot in the past year or two with dealing with tragic accidents of my best friend and just a lot of stress. I'm at a point in my life where I know I want to lose weight and be that girl I used to be. I know it won't be easy, but I want to make everyone proud and show people that I can do it because they doubt I will. Im ready to work for it and get back in shape. I'm gonna be leaving for a university in August and I want to be healthy and look good before that. So, this takes a lot for me to out out to strangers, but right now I weigh about 168 or so. My goal is to lose about 50 to 60 lbs by the end of June or at least by like July. My target weight is 115 or 110 lbs by the end. Is it a possible one I can achieve or am I setting myself up for failure? Because I've tried to get back in shape over the past year and I always give up when I don't see progress. Advice or support please?! Tips or things to help me stay motivated and on the right path for success?
  • tomaratorres
    Options
    We can do it ladies! I also am trying to lose about 60 pounds by summer, and what I've decided to do is break it down into 30 day challenges. I got 30 index cards, and on each one I wrote day 1, day 2, etc and then the exercise routine to do for that day, the amount of water I want to drink, and certain diet guidelines for each day such as 4 veggies, 3 fruits, serving amounts of bean and rice etc (I'm vegan, but whatever works for you). I like it so far because it gives me a daily reminder and it's certain things that if I stay on track there is no way I won't lose weight and get healthier. Hope this helps someone! The most important thing is to pick something and stay consistent.
  • srr728
    srr728 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    It is possible. Personally I am starting to make healthy habits and choices that will last a lifetime. Would I like it to happen in 6 months? Heck yes! But I'm exercising and making reasonable 1600cal/day range. An hour 4-5 times a week of strength and cardio and a diet only restricted by calories. I can eat meat, cake, etc. This I can do for the rest of my life and i am looking at all over health not just the scale.

If you want to lose, it's not that hard, but if you want to stay active and 60 lbs light I highly suggest realizing its a journey and there will be ups and downs. Good Luck!
  • beloved007
    Options
    Hello - can you elaborate on what you mean by the " eating a modified 4+2 and exercising minimally (<60 minutes/day-usually in the 30-45 minute range)" I'm new to all of this. Thanks
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 my first 6 months, another 60 my second 6 months, and the last 10-15 over the final three months (training for a 10-mile race, I purposely ate more and slowed down weight loss so I could handle the long runs).

How I did it isn't sexy but it worked:

- logging my calories most of the time (a day or two off a month for sanity reasons); when I logged, I logged VERY precisely, weighing out everything, and stuck to my goal nearly without exception.

- reasonable calorie goal. My deficit wasn't huge. I ate 1700-2100 calories a day while I lost weight. Instead of lowering my goal as I lost, I increased it. Funny, that didn't really result in slower weight loss until the tail end.

- exercise. Heavier focus on weight lifting, but I did some cardio too. Always three days of free weights/cables, two to three days of cardio (40-60 minutes).

The weight fell off like clockwork, 10+ pounds a month, unless I purposely slowed it down.

My loss chart, which is also on my profile:
    Started (6/16/11)
    -10 pounds (7/14/11)
    -20 pounds (8/15/11)
    -30 pounds (9/8/11)
    -40 pounds (10/2/11)
    -50 pounds (10/30/11)
    -60 pounds (11/22/11)
    -70 pounds (12/16/11)
    -80 pounds (1/27/12)
    -90 pounds (2/24/12)
    -100 pounds (3/24/12)
    -110 pounds (5/10/12)
    -120 pounds (6/15/12 - almost exactly one year in)
    -130 pounds (8/21/12)
    -133.5 pounds = GOAL (9/23/12)

I've been maintaining since then.
  • SaajidahM
    SaajidahM Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You're weight loss chart is amazing @ShannonMpls!
    Very motivating to see that steady and consistent weight loss is possible!
  • Strongandhealthy1234
    Options
    The question you should be asking is how you will maintain it after 6 months? That's when it all starts. Plan longterm
  • Siobhan3240
    Options
    I lost 65 pounds in 6 months but I started out at 279.
  • tlburcx
    tlburcx Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes!! I was 205 and weighed 147 six months after. I am 5'8 and 18 yrs old. All i did was portion control, low carbs, and worked out 3-5 days a week. I started out doing simple cardio but I hit a plateau a couple months later and that is when i switched to HIIT workouts and weight training. Thats where I saw the big results. I pushed myself beyond what I thought I could do and six months later I was about 60 lbs lighter and saw definition in my body and it was toned for the most part! everyones body works differently, but 10 lbs a month is definitely possible!!! I also treated myself to chocolate or anything I craved whenever I wanted but I would just take a bite and nothing else. Really portion control is key! Good luck! Anything is possible :)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I have lost close to 35lbs in 4 months. You can browse through my photos to see where I've gotten to. I've been eating all of the foods I normally do in smaller quantities. I've mostly eaen at about 20% under my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and I lose about a pound a week. Feel free to check out my food diary to see how I'm doing it. It hasn't been perfect lately. I started full time school on top of full time work. Some days I go over by a bit or don't even meet my goal. I stay in a deficit though so I keep losing.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Don't ask .. just go for it ... get as far as you can without second guessing your ability to do it ... SOMETHING IS POSSIBLE .... you will get somewhere and that is better than where you are now right?

Looks like you got some great role models and potential support here just by starting the thread! Good luck!! :)

Yep, just go for it and see how far you get. Anything is possible.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Opps just realized somebody has dug a bunch up from nov
  • MsPrncss
    MsPrncss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I only loss 4.5 pound this last week! It is not coming off fast enough!
  • MsPrncss
    Options
    Omgssh Amazing! I Need Some Tips!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I think I lost about 35lbs in the first 6 months but then I only really had 50lbs to lose. The bigger you are, the faster it should come off.
  • MsPrncss
    Options
    Help! 3 Days The Same Weight! :(
  • charleigh78
    charleigh78 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't think the time frame is important. If you give it all you have then in 6 months you WILL feel better about yourself...whether that be 20, 40, or 60 pounds lighter. It beats staying the same, right?
  • MsPrncss
    Options
    I don't think the time frame is important. If you give it all you have then in 6 months you WILL feel better about yourself...whether that be 20, 40, or 60 pounds lighter. It beats staying the same, right?

Thanks I Am working so hard.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!