What the? Where's my topic?

Last week, I started a topic on maintaining your weight after losing on a 1200 calorie plan. I've just got back from hiking in Australia where I had no net access. I came on to check for replies and the topic is gone! It's still listed under "My Topics" but it's obviously been deleted. There were over 60 replies which I'd love to read.

Is it common for threads/topics to get deleted?

I suspect there might have been some controversy/arguments on the thread due to the topic of 1200 calories, but that's hardly new around here, so I'm sure the deletion of the thread had nothing to do with it.

The thread was here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1132771-those-who-are-maintaining-after-losing-on-1200-calories

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    I missed the thread but I'm pretty sure you'll have hit the nail on the head. If it did turn into a mass verbal brawl over the 1200 lovers/haters it'll have been locked & then taken down. Happens ALL the time.
  • BIW2012
    BIW2012 Posts: 97 Member
    Gah, that's so lame! I really wanted to thank everyone who offered me some advice. Bummer :(
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Yep that's MFP for you :laugh:

Oh, congrats on hitting maintenance though! Great going :bigsmile:

I'm just assuming there btw? If you were looking for advice on how to maintain after following 1200cals a day. Maybe start a new thread but without the "controversial" 1200 in the title? Less chance of it getting bashed within 24hrs :wink:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i posted on that thread early on, when people were trying to be helpful, but i would imagine it did get deleted because it went down hill....
  • lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    If your looking for advice check out this MFP member Mcgrawhaha she is amzing