Soy Burgers = Again!

Options
Do you know those "fake" soy burgers you get at the local gas station? I LOVE them. They also sell those in the cafeteria at the schools. Everyone thinks they are gross. Those are the ones i'm looking for. Does anyone know if those are actually the healthy burgers? I know soy is in general, but I'm talking about the ones from the local convenience store.

Replies

• Lisabeth
    Lisabeth Posts: 268
    Options
    Do you know those "fake" soy burgers you get at the local gas station? I LOVE them. They also sell those in the cafeteria at the schools. Everyone thinks they are gross. Those are the ones i'm looking for. Does anyone know if those are actually the healthy burgers? I know soy is in general, but I'm talking about the ones from the local convenience store.
  • Phatmomma
    Phatmomma Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    ha-ha you can actually order those. They aren't actually ALL soy. They are beef filled with soy to stretch the meat out. The quickest way to find out who supplies them locally is to call the local school board nutritionist and they'll tell you or look on the packaging of the ones you like. My mom used to by school food for us lol. She'd buy the cheese pizzas, patty's etc. When I used to eat meat those were the only ones I oculd tolerate probably because they had little actual meat. My friends hated them and said ti was probably dog meat lol. Glad to see someone else liked them too.