i dont want pancake boobs!

Options
So weight loss yay ! Losing boobs not so yay! Anyone know of any exercises that might help from them turning into sad pancake sacks?

Replies

• lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You could try doing pushups, bench press, butterflys these may help increase the muscle in that area, keeping them firm
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    It's pretty easy to suggest chest exercises, but it's equally important to train back muscles. The reason why you'd train back muscles is proper posture with shoulders down and back will lift the chest naturally. People with poor posture will roll their shoulders forward cause their boobs to droop for that "down the shirt" look.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys :) I knew you can't pick and choose areas to lose weight from but I just forgot that they might vanish too
  • lisanew2
    Options
    I feel your pain...mine have nearly disappeared completely and the what hasn't disappeared doesn't sit the way I'd like them too :D
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It's a tricky one, after losing 118lbs and breast feeding 2 children in my late thirties I am now in a position in my late forties of having nothing much left of my once perky and pert boobies...

I have tried every exercise under the sun but you can't replace lost tissue. Honestly posture etc and exercises will help but ultimately only way to get back that bounce is implants - but not sure I'm up for that...
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    braqBZt.jpg

Pancake boobs sound delicious. Now I want pancakes. :smile:
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Boobs are made up of mosty fat. So you lose fat & they go as well. You can work the muscles under that fat & hope that you can perk them up but there is nothing you can really do other than that to keep them from shrinking.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of fit women. I have fashioned the Twiggy look, all my life, due to swimming, dancing, and keeping a full time job for three years that involved a lot of chest and upper arm strenght. I know Pilates is popular with dancers, and is excellent for toning all your muscle groups. Best of luck.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Boobs are made up of mosty fat.

No. Some aren't. Dense breasts do not have much fat at all.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    It's pretty easy to suggest chest exercises, but it's equally important to train back muscles. The reason why you'd train back muscles is proper posture with shoulders down and back will lift the chest naturally. People with poor posture will roll their shoulders forward cause their boobs to droop for that "down the shirt" look.

Oh, NOW you tell me! :tongue:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    bench press may help them to stay more perky, but they're made of fat and breast tissue (i.e the bits that make milk) so there isn't any exercise you can do to stop them getting smaller. Fat loss = fat loss from where your body wants to lose fat from = loss of boob fat for most women. There's variation in this though, as in some women are more prone to boob fat loss when losing fat than others. Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose fat from, so it's just a matter of genetics.

Personally, I'm not planning on ever going below 22% body fat and wanting to keep my boobs is one of several reasons for that (not the main reason). You can be fit, strong and healthy without your body fat percentage going that low. The healthy bf% range for women is 18-28%.

If you want visible muscle definition + six pack abs + large boobs, then either you have to be of the genetically gifted minority (something you can't choose or control) or have your boobs surgically enhanced.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It's definitely dependant on genetics and what mostly makes up your breasts. But that being said you can still prevent pancake boobs even if you had super bad combination of genetics.

Good ways to prevent pancake boobs.

- Wear a proper sports bra. Doing this will reduce the shock and stretching of the skin.

- Drink lots of water!!!! Can't stress this enough as it helps improve skin elasticity!

- Planks are awesome for toning.

- Take women's multi vitamins and cold liver oil!

- Use vitamin E cream or bio oil to keep the skin nice and health.

- And lose weight slow and steady! This gives the skin time to snap back!

So even if someone was to have the worst genetics and they also had their breasts go down in size, doing these little things will keep them happy, healthy and firm. And you won't end up with pancakes!

Hope that helps you!! It's been doing wonders for me =D

Ah brilliant thanks, already been using bio oil and firming cream on my legs and stomach so will try that too!

You guys are awesome!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I love pancakes and I love boobs.

That's all.
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    mmmmm pancakes
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...mine have nearly disappeared completely and the what hasn't disappeared doesn't sit the way I'd like them too :D

THIS!!! :sad: but I would not trade how strong and healthy I am to have my old girls back!!! No way! So I choose to just love the new me even that part that makes me sad. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Now that sounds like a sticky situation.

syrup-pouring-on-pancakes-md.jpg
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do some presses and pushups and get a boob job :wink:
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options

QFT.
  • JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options

QFT.

Drool!