Newbie too

Options
Hi Everyone,
I just found out that someone lost over 100 lbs and stated that this site was what made all the difference for her.
I'm ready to find some pals and hit it hard now. I've been trying for so long. I have lost about 20 lbs since Sept. 09, but need to push it now!
Rita

Replies

• lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Dedicate yourself to logging every morsel and move more, aim for 30 minutes per day, every day. You will get results, slowly and surely, just the way your should by doing it properly!
    Since I've become more determined and have been faithful to MFP I've seen results each week, some better than others but that is to be expected in this journey.
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yea, this site is merely a mechanism that helps control energy balance. Calories are a unit of energy and less calories coming in the door than going out are going to lead to weight loss over time. Of course there are other factors that are critically important, such as the nutrient quality and quantity that are providing you calories (protein, carbs, fats) as well as physical activity. But you'll learn as you delve into this community.

Best to you and hopefully you find what you're looking for.