Off topic: Vaguely exercise related

Options
mrsnlw
mrsnlw Posts: 25 Member
I have a Trespass jacket which is waterproof but has a padded interior. It has started to whiff a little and I would lik to clean it but Im scared itll lose its waterproofing. I have had a google and some say to wash a waterproof jacket on its own, inside out with a small amount of pwder. I have just called Trespass who said to wash it on its own, not to use powder but to use something called Nikwax Tech Wash?

Has anyone got any advice/experience?

Replies

• SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Go to a dry cleaners or follow the companies advice.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I wash my waterproof jacket fairly often as I cycle all the time and it gets mud splattered all over it. I always wash it inside out, on it's own with a little bit of powder and never had a problem.
  • mrsnlw
    Options
    I wash my waterproof jacket fairly often as I cycle all the time and it gets mud splattered all over it. I always wash it inside out, on it's own with a little bit of powder and never had a problem.

Has it retained its waterproof?
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yes - it's fine! If it ever lost it's waterproof I would get a tin of waterproofing spray, but never needed to!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Teck wash works well made for the job. Available at outdoor shops

enjoy wearing it when it is refreshed
  • mrsnlw
    Options
    Teck wash works well made for the job. Available at outdoor shops

enjoy wearing it when it is refreshed

Ive found a 100ml pouch at my local outdoor shop - will this do just 1 wash?