Help Please? :) Interesting research topic!

Options
Hey guys :) we'll done on keeping at it with becoming healthier! At the moment I'm just starting my third year of university and I'm doing my dissertation :) I'm looking at the relationship between ethnicity and self-esteem :) so if your bored/interested/want to help a sister out! Then could you fill in my questionnaire online? It'll only take about 10 minutes :) just make sure that if you do answer then you answer all questions! It's not spam and it's not a scam so don't worry :)

www.surveymonkey.com/s/WS8D39M

Replies

• Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Sure thing! :smile:
  • ToFatT0B3S1ck
    ToFatT0B3S1ck Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I took it. I studied Psychology as well and plan on working towards a PhD in a few years.
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Did it, why not I figure haha.
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did it! I was a sociology minor, and had to do a couple studies such as this in my time- I absolutely love doing things like this.

Just one note- I know you did not ask for input, but since I've done a couple of these things, I figured it might help your "finished product"...

In the beginning of the study, you ask for race, but the questions are about ethnicity. For the most part, as I understand it in the context of social studies, these are two different things. For example, race is generally more clear cut (ex. Black, White, Asian, etc). Ethnicity is more vague. It can include nationality, religion, etc., depending on your definition. For example, if you asked me my race, I would answer "Caucasian". If you asked me my ethnicity, I would answer Polish. I answered your survey questions based on my "ethnicity" (since that is how you worded it in the questions) vs. my "race", which was one of the first qualifiers in the study. This makes a huge difference in your results- no, I've not particularly read literature, taken classes, or attended events to learn more about my race (being Caucasian), but I have certainly done so about my ethnicity (being Polish). I only point this out because it could greatly skew your results- I am only one example, but take the idea of someone who identifies their race as "Asian", and their ethnicity as Korean, Japanese, Chinese, whatever. Or someone who identifies their race as "black", but their ethnicity as African American, Nigerian, whatever.

I would recommend either just asking for ethnicity in the first page, or changing all of the questions to race, depending on what you truly wish to write your study on. Sorry for the unsolicited input, and feel free to disregard, but I have written a dissertation before and wanted to point that out in case your results are getting skewed a bit if people identify differently in their ethnicity and race,
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I did want to add, I am not bashing on this at all! You had great questions and I think that you can get a great sample and amazing dissertation as long as you have either "race" or "ethnicity" matched up all the way through!
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Just completed it :-)
  • CantonMan1234
    CantonMan1234 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    done
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Done