Confession time: anyone else drink diet sodas?

Options
Just wondering if anyone has the same dirty secret as me - I drink diet soda every day. I also drink plenty of water and green tea etc. but I love me some soda.

Various weight loss experts say that artificial sweeteners spike your blood sugar levels etc. and I have read many studies that say that certain ones have been associated with certain diseases in rodents and humans etc. so I know better. I know it's bad for you, but I gave up being a heavy drinker 3 months ago and smokes 2 months ago, so it's kind of the only pleasure I have lol.

Just wondering if I am the only one who drinks the stuff.

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I do, it's not a secret, I also, sometimes, drink regular soda :devil: :noway: guess what? I'm not dead and it hasn't affected my weight loss. Everything in moderation :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I drink a Coke Zero every day. Guilt free. I am not a rodent. Too much of anything is not good, but moderation is just fine. Stop feeling guilty.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Yes, I drink diet soda. Diet coke specifically.
    I don't consider it a 'dirty secret'.
    Whether it is bad for you or not is a hot topic.
    Personally, while I don't think it's good for you, I think it's pretty harmless unless you happen to be sensitive to the ingredients. I'm not.
    Of course, like all things, moderation is the key.
  • MaryEliz29
    Options
    I have a can of sugar free Red Bull every day. I don't like coffee, so it's the only thing that keeps me going during the early starts on weekdays. I only drink water other than that though (and wine sometimes of course :))
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda and no need to confess because there is nothing wrong with drinking it.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    No confession about it. Yes, I drink diet soda, and I'm not even sorry.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    No reason to be ashamed about it. I drink diet soda and OMG I drink Beer and have lost quite a bit of weight. Do not believe the hype.
  • Alexarose1
    Alexarose1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I try to drink zero calorie sodas made with stevia so I don't raise my glucose. BUT I drink crystal light =/
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper on occasion here! :laugh:
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i definitely do. I need to cut down. But I love to grab a social drink with friends, and a Jack and Diet or a Rum and Diet is significantly easier to fit into my calorie goals than beer or a Mai Tai.

I will get to cutting back on diet soda eventually, but I am trying to make a lifestyle change, and I don't plan to do everything at once- I have tried that method before and failed miserably.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I drink diet and regular soda from time to time. It isn't a dirty little secret though.
  • jenniferbushey69
    jenniferbushey69 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet pepsi pretty much each day and as someone else had mentioned seeing as I do not drink coffee every once in awhile I will drink a sugar free energy drink . These things have never affected my weight loss and I am also according to doctors pretty darn healthy but as so many others have mentioned moderation is key !!
  • orczombie
    orczombie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke in the can is my daily caffeine fix. I'm at one a day for the most part, but it's mostly due to cost.
  • LoupGarou63
    LoupGarou63 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Let's just say I drink way too much of the worlds number one diet cola..
    I feel it is bad for me.....
    I'm thinking about it right now... I have a want and that want is diet soda....right now yes more than food.

Oh the bubbles the bubbles.....
  • featherbrained
    featherbrained Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Diet Dr Pepper on occasion here! :laugh:

Here too! I've found since beginning IF, though, that any "craving" for it is gone. So I enjoy one if I'm out (only get out about twice a month) and it keeps me from going for the candy, which would be way worse ;)
  • sasouna
    sasouna Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Guilty.. :bigsmile:
  • massromanticfool
    massromanticfool Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Certified Diet Coke addict here! Every day, usually two a day. I'm losing weight at exactly the rate I should be at my calorie deficit, so I don't think it's having much of an effect.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    diet coke... with rum even...

drink Wine too... it all fits in the big picture :)
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Every day!
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I hardly think of drinking diet pop as a dirty little secret. I drink it quite often. I also drink lots of water. Not a big deal really :)