Savory oatmeal recipe, 225 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am gonna buy some flax seeds tomorrow then :) I love homemade granola :) I make mine with natural peanut butter and chocolate chips :)
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    You're welcome skimpstah :flowerforyou:
  • TinaBaily
    TinaBaily Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm having oatmeal this morning with diced apples, a mandarin orange, and half a serving of Craisins, with 1tsp of cinnamon cooked into it. Delicious with a big mug of coffee and just a smidgen over 300 calories for everything, with a healthy amount of tummy-satisfying fiber.

Yours sounds interesting, OP. Thanks for sharing!

That is a great idea! Sometimes I eat only cinnamon/brownsugar oatmeal but with diced apple, mandarin orange and craisins... YUM!!! Thank you for the idea :) I love my oats <3

I've grown to love them too. Here's the specific recipe, for those who might be curious:

40g old fashioned oatmeal
    1C water
    small apple, diced (not peeled!) weight varies, but mine was 90g
    mandarin or satsuma orange, peeled and split into pieces (mine weighed 54g)
    20g Craisins (dried sweetened cranberries)
    1 teaspoon cinnamon (this is a U.S. measurement)

Bring water to a boil, add oatmeal and Craisins, simmer for 5 minutes, adding cinnamon during the last few seconds of time. Pour oatmeal into a bowl, top with apple and orange pieces and enjoy. Not counting my coffee, this came out to just under 300 calories and 10 grams of fiber.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    That sounds aweeeeesome! I better get me some craisins. I love anything with cinnamon :flowerforyou: thanks for the full recipe :) YAY OATMEAL :drinker:
  • sugaspice999
    Options
    Wow, sounds amazing! I've done this before but with kale/pumpkin/goatcheese/egg :) I'll try it with the bacon for breakfast though.
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Thas sounds really good too! I love pumpkin :) and turkey bacon is AWESOME only 15 cals!
  • vahine03
    vahine03 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bump for recipe. Thanks! =)
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Bump for recipe. Thanks! =)

No problem! I hope you'll like it as much as I do :)
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • lauraspberry
    Options
    Guys don't over do the thyme. Just an itsybitsy pinch. I did earlier and it got bad :( or just dont add :D

And I forgot to say add a pinch of garlic powder :)