Body not used to eating less

Options
Hi

I started my journey on Nov 1, 2013 I eat breakfast Mon-Fri between 7am-8am but by 930-10am my stomach starts to growl like I have not eaten. Is this hunger or is my body not used receiving less food. What are some ideas to help stop the growling? snack, drink water?

Thanks

Replies

• Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    What are you eating for breakfast? I think you will get a bit more help if you give more detail.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    higher protein and fiber help. When I eat 2 eggs, a slice of cheese, and 2 slices of bacon on a bagel thin for breakfast i can last past noon if I wanted too.
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same thing- Now I try to eat a ton of protein which keeps me fuller longer. Make sure to get in all your water also as that can help with feeling fuller.
  • Denise0621
    Denise0621 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyday is different somedays it can be cheerios, kellog breakfast sandwich, omelet with a small coffee
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry then eat and stay within your calories
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I've found when I get the stomach growls when I've got my meals planned and don't have one coming up for a little bit, a couple Tums helps.

Water seems give me heartburn if I drink it on a growly stomach.

A light snack (carrot sticks or something) sometimes helps, but sometimes it just makes me more ravenous, because if my stomach is growling when I don't actually "need" the calories, I'm usually just emotionally hungry and will eat everything in sight if given the chance....
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Instead of sugary carbs that digest quickly go for some proteins and fats for breakfast. Plan a fruit or veggie snack for around 10 a.m. Drink lots of water.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink a glass of water & if that doesn't help I go for a walk. You may just need some time to adjust.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Everyday is different somedays it can be cheerios, kellog breakfast sandwich, omelet with a small coffee

Dry cereal and little diet sandwiches don't keep me full either. I need something with a lot more protein. Pack that omelet with veggies and some ham or Canadian bacon. Trade in the cheerios for steel cut oats with fruit. Make your own breakfast sandwich with whole grain bread, egg, ham & cheese. Maybe add some greek yogurt to your breakfast.
  • Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I like greek yogurt with berries for breakfast, or actually any fruit, and about 3-4 tablespoons of chia seed granola. One or 2 boiled eggs and a leftover green salad also work for me. I use balsamic vinegar with roasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds for the dressing. These simple dishes hold me for 4 - 6 hours. If I actually fancy a snack, some almonds or cashews can keep me going for a couple of hours.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry then eat and stay within your calories

I did this one day and ate all my calories by 10 am
  • Denise0621
    Denise0621 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I'll try these ideas