New Orleans chick says "bon jour!"

Options
My story. I have been thin all my life. Insanely thin. I'm talking you would have thought I was anorexic in highschool, 98lbs thin. Then I hit college and gained the Freshman 15 (actually Sopohmore for me); I was ok with that. Finally, I was of a "normal, healthy" weight. Then ol' Hurricane Katrina hit, and that did it. I gained about 20 more lbs. Now I am at 154lbs which is very heavy for my body. I am tired of being exhausted, and unable to fit clothes, and just plan unhappy with my looks. Sooo...like most of you on here I have tried some pretty ridiculous diets and and fads. I did the master cleanse, when I was up to 162, yikes, I lost 11lbs on that, but it was hard to maintain. So I tried to fat smash, but the meal plans consisted of so many things that I hated to eat, like oatmeal and beans. Eventually, I quit that. Now I have to decided to stop the fads and start taking responsibilty for what I eat and my physical activity. I will used some of the concepts in the fat smash but dangit I ain't eating no more oatmeal! My plan is to have some noticeable weight loss by my birthday in October and finally reach my 125 goal. yaay!!

Good luck to everyone out there. Any if there are some New Orleans area people around, let's exercise!

Brit

Replies

• gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Brit! Welcome to MPF. I absolutely love it here and have lost about 13 pounds. It tells you what to do, you just gotta listen!

I live in Houma...nice to see other Louisianians!
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    BRITBRITNOLA Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome and congrats on that weight loss! I bet it feels amazing. You know all the times I have been to Thibodeaux, I have never ventured into Houma. I hear it's a nice place.

Do you find it easier when you have to check in with others, post results, etc? I really want to look good for football season loool! Gotta look good to talk trash at the dome! (and for Shockey of coure hehe) And what do you do for meals?
  • larson0185
    Options
    Booooo oatmeal! Yaaaaay fitness pal! Bonjour a vous too! I'm from the Frozen North--Minneapolis--but I'm just starting, too. I'm excited to see how this turns out--here's hoping for good luck for both of us!
  • gibbsgirl
    gibbsgirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't really post my results here, but my BF and I are both dieting so we motivate each other. We are watching the first game at Margaritaville on September 9th! I can't wait.

For meals I try to eat three 400 cal meals and two 100 cal snacks, but it doesn't always work out that way, lol. I have been doing a lot of running and weight lifting classes at the gym. I haven't lost a lot of weight recently, but I am def toning up.
  • lildago
    lildago Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there fellow Louisianians!! Im from near the Baton Rouge area and I am also a very BIG SAINTS FAN. We have season tickets for 7 years now and I do NOT miss a game. Last nite i was tryin on what saints tshirt I will where to the game this sat. and was so discouraged at what i looked like. Ive been big pretty much most of my adult life. My personality to everyone on the outside shows a very happy and crazy chick but I am screaming inside to lose all this dam weight ive been carrying around most of my life. But that wil never stop me from dancing with my second line umbrella at the games. Good luck to you girls. Today is my first day of my new beginning on here.
  • Rabin
    Rabin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Brit, i'm new here as well and i'm in a similar situation, Pre-Katrina I lived in New Orleans and was overweight, but after it I packed on an additional 60 lbs! I just started here last week and I'm loving it! Good luck.
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    Options
    @gibbsgirl There is supposed to be a party outside the Dome in the Championship Square for the first game. If you are going to be downtown you should definitely check it out. That's really nice that you have that close support. I am tryig to rally inmy sister, so hopefully we can help each other. She has lost about 40lbs already but she has hit a wall.

@larson Yea you may think Minneapolis weather is unbecoming, but this insane heat wave is murdering the gulf coast. It's like we are litterally in hell. It's crazy, and good luck toyou too. I am sure you will do great!
  • BRITBRITNOLA
    Options
    good luck lildago and rabin!

Lildago, That Katrina weight was crazy, right?!! Either it was the home sickness or the food stamps. .lol. I still haven't figured out which. Man good?! times.. ha.

Rabin, I hope to see you at a game or too, which is pushing it because the Dome is huge! but ya never know! WHO DAT!

I'm feeling better about this process already! Wooooo WHO DAT! lol
    ... ok I'm going eat some fruit. 1st meal of my new life.