Anyone do 30DS and lose 80+lbs?

Options
I am thinking about doing the 30DS but I'm wondering if it'll work as I'm 223lbs and all the people I see are smaller. So is there any people on here who've lost weight with it being over 200lbs?

Replies

• meggypooh
    meggypooh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This Friday marks one month of me working out and dieting. I started out at 246. I'm on Level 2 Day 6 today and have lost 16 pounds so far. It's intense at first but I got stronger and better endurance fast! Just do what you can and eventually it'll get easier! Good luck! :)
  • raneylfrick
    raneylfrick Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was nudging 200 when I did it, and honestly only lost 7 lbs. I was way more toned, though! It was definitely a kick start for me. It would have come off faster if I'd have been more attentive about my food choices...I did the "As long as I keep it in my macros" thing, and that just doesn't work for my body.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It will most certainly work if you give it your all. While I'm smaller (and a guy, too) I was so sore after 3 days I bought another one of her DVDs. I couldn't believe the changes in only 20 minutes a day! She says right on the DVD "if 300 lb people can do jumping jacks, you can, too"....so there are no shortcuts when it comes to Jillian. She's tough!!!

Don't forget to take before / after pics because while you may not see a difference at first, trust me at the end of 30 days you will :)
  • marykate723
    marykate723 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 Day Shred in October. I started at over 240 pounds. On the Shred, I lost 7.2 pounds and 12 inches overall. I feel insanely stronger than before, and my endurance has increased. Despite my high weight, I still managed to see a change in definition, particularly in my upper body. I enjoyed it so much that I purchased Ripped in 30 and started that this week. The 30-minute setup is perfect for me, since it supplements my 1-hour (round trip) walking commute to work. I followed the modifier for most of the exercises and still got a great workout.

Good luck!
  • 50racinggirl
    50racinggirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about doing the 30DS but I'm wondering if it'll work as I'm 223lbs and all the people I see are smaller. So is there any people on here who've lost weight with it being over 200lbs?

I think you absolutely can do the 30 day shred. I am on day nine or ten and loving it. I can feel where I've lost inches. Go for it!:smile:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I was 225 when i started the shred, i'm about half way through and have lost 5lbs so far but have reshaped my body A LOT

Don't focus on just the number of the scale, take before and after pics and measurements if you can, the scale is not a true testament to weight loss.
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS during July this year, and the results were great. believe it or not I lost 35 pounds, i went from 165 to 130. But during that time I was on a low carb diet, and cycled for at least 30 miles DAILY. I'd go off on my bike and do the 30DS as soon as I got home. That was probably the deal breaker. Then I got ill, and I'm just barely getting back on track. Will definitely do another round of it soon.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!