Always getting stuck....

Options
It's frustrating as I am sure the rest of you know. I have tried to diet more times then I can count. I lose the first 10-12 pounds and hit a plateau. Every single time I can't bust through the plateau and I end up giving up. I'm there now and I'm doing everything I can to stay focused this time. Does anyone have a secret to help break through that stubborn spot where the scale just doesn't seem to move?

Replies

• AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I just keep going and avoid the scale for a week or two. I would lose 10 pounds and then get stuck and give up - this last time I lost the 10 pounds, got stuck and just kept plugging along.

Sometimes your body takes time to catch up with all the good you are doing. Now, I'm really glad I didn't quit! I have fallen off the wagon for a few weeks and the positive changes I made only resulted in a 6 pound weight gain - not the 15 I was expecting.

Good luck - keep at it!! You're doing great!
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. Some weeks you will lose, some weeks you wont, some weeks you may even gain - consistency is the only thing that will break the plateau. I don't want this to come out wrong, but if you stay consistent with your logging and under your calories goal, you wouldn't have to keep losing the same 10-12 pounds. Giving up isn't doing you any favors. Measure everything, log everything, drink your water and keep at it. It takes time.