A vent on feeling lonely at nights :P

Options

Replies

• Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous! I have a hard time understanding why you are alone at night. :smile:
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    I am a single female and I understand the "being alone at night" thing as well. Which is why I did finally join a gym, although I have a treadmill at home, so I have the best of both worlds. When I want to be alone I can workout at home, when I want interaction I go to the gym.

I would also look into any type of volunteering, because that is a good way to have social interaction with a good group of people face to face....or other group meet ups for singles!!! :)

Or if you want to stay home and flirt with boys try a dating site, but do that with an open mind, I mean, we are talking about people on the internet (so you never know who you may get-some good, some bad) but it's usually fun and gives you the social interaction!!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    FR Sent!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I am a single female and I understand the "being alone at night" thing as well. Which is why I did finally join a gym, although I have a treadmill at home, so I have the best of both worlds. When I want to be alone I can workout at home, when I want interaction I go to the gym.

I would also look into any type of volunteering, because that is a good way to have social interaction with a good group of people face to face....or other group meet ups for singles!!! :)

I don't foresee that "single" being for a prolonged amount of time :love:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    FR Sent!

:angry:

I thought we had something special!!!

*runs away crying*
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    @PAWNSTAR....Thank you doll (hmmm maybe I should try MFP dating! LOL)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

He told me the same thing! Damnit Ryry. :brokenheart:
  • ryry_
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

No...wait...don't go...

I didn't mean it...I've never seen her before in my life.

I don't know how her # got in my phone.
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

No...wait...don't go...

I didn't mean it...I've never seen her before in my life.

I don't know how her # got in my phone.

Lies, all lies! :brokenheart:
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    So i,m wondering if i,m the only one who generally feels like this.
    All day i,m fine and have loads to do and workout daily etc.
    In the evenings when i,m alone and bored i really feel like i,m the only one feeling like this!

I have gone down the route of talking to people online etc and struggle to find anyone who is the u,k with similar issues of focusing on working out and generally working towards goals and feeling lonely at nights with no one to talk to.

I don,t always want to result to having to workout or go to bed early because of boredom.
    As i said it,s the nights and all i seem to get as of late is people asking for KIKS which then result to wanting to trade pics etc...

Is it just me being naive in thinking that people do generally want to get to know someone?

Can you generally find a SO online in a place like this?

I know what you mean, OP. I was with my ex-husband from the age of 18-22 and when we split in February it was really hard to get back into the swing of things, since I'd never been a single adult.

My suggestion is to focus on yourself more than anything- don't rely on other people, especially people from the internet, to fill that loneliness void. Take up new hobbies, read a good book, etc and make yourself feel good that way.

As for MFP specifically, I've met quite a few awesome people that I'd consider friends. Got close to flying somewhere to meet a guy once too, but that didn't pan out. While it's probably fairly rare, you CAN meet a significant other here... but I wouldn't bank on it.
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    ... There are many things I've done to keep myself occupied and am perfectly happy doing these things alone.

Loneliness isn't because you don't have someone around. Loneliness is a state of mind. I know this, because divorce taught me that.

^^This is true!
  • ryry_
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

This is my nightmare!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I know it's cliche but I swear it holds so true. It's when you least expect it, or when you are at that point youre content with your life.

Nights are hard and besides finding a Mr. Right Now, LOL not much advice there.

Just be friendly, laugh, stay open to meeting new people you'll be fine.
    I've heard a few cute stories of people meeting on MFP.

You never know.
  • kyleekay10
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

This is my nightmare!

i-am-disappoint.jpg
  • ryry_
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

This is my nightmare!

i-am-disappoint.jpg

Cat-puppy-hug-gif.gif
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

This is my nightmare!

i-am-disappoint.jpg

Cat-puppy-hug-gif.gif

Well played. The overwhelming cuteness is completely distracting. :wink:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    FR Sent!

*runs away crying*

This is my nightmare!

i-am-disappoint.jpg

Cat-puppy-hug-gif.gif

that kitty looks exactly like my puppy!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1122958-please-help
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    serious answer... OP, I am also single and I know how you feel. with that, I agree with what another poster said about this not being a good substitute for a dating site. I know a couple people who met their SOs here but it seems like it just kind of happened and they did not have the intent of finding a relationship.

I am still trying to figure out what to do meet more people (fairly new to my area) but I'm extremely shy so it's been difficult. I think I am going to try a meetup group soon, I think they might have that in the UK. good luck!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Why bother meeting anyone? I say go for a run then play some video games while drinking beer.

Works for me.

Sad.gif
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    My ex gf told me that i needed to learn to enjoy my own company...after we broke up. One of her many ways of letting me down easy i guess:( And yep, i get lonely nights..