The Conscious Cleanse

Options
Has anyone tried this? This cleanse is not a juice-fast or calorie restriction diet. It does not restrict calories, but seriously restricts food groups (no booze, sugar, gluten, dairy). I am considering trying it, and wonder how others have found this? Was it helpful/successful??

Replies

• mindful2012
    mindful2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I purchased this book in June 2013 and did 10 of the 14 days a few weeks later. Yes, I loved this program and yes, I saw great results, although weight loss was not an immediate result. Had I been able to "change the foundation of my life" and how I eat I would have seen the weight loss. However, I am a complex individual and was not able to maintain the long term aspect of this program. If I can "reprogram" my brain (I'm 38 years old) then I know this program would be very successful, however, unless I'm willing to reprogram myself I will never be able to lose and keep off the weight. This book, "Conscious Cleanse" is beautifully written and pulled together and can impact anyone who can travel that journey.
  • cwrldpc
    cwrldpc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am following the cleanse currently. It is not a calorie restricted program, which is awesome. Yesterday I had 1250 (my choice) the day before was 1800. Yesterday I simply was not hungry. Once you stop eating all the crap it is amazing how much more satisfied your body feels after you eat. Right now I am not hungry, but I also know that if I were to have a bag of chips or a plate of cookies in front of me I would have no problem eating a hefty portion. I am looking forward to dinner tonight (chicken and quinoa). I have never felt deprived, which would be a deal breaker for me. Probably why most diets have never worked for me.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    gigigee wrote: »
    Has anyone tried this? This cleanse is not a juice-fast or calorie restriction diet. It does not restrict calories, but seriously restricts food groups (no booze, sugar, gluten, dairy). I am considering trying it, and wonder how others have found this? Was it helpful/successful??

What is your goal?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of different ways to lose weight, people do it all the time, but the real challenge is maintaining once you get to goal. The best way to keep the weight off permanently is to lose it in a sustainable way. Is this program something you can live with for the rest of your life? If so, go for it! Otherwise, once you start eating "normally" again, the weight will probably just come back. Good luck and have fun with it! :D
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    There are a lot of different ways to lose weight, people do it all the time, but the real challenge is maintaining once you get to goal. The best way to keep the weight off permanently is to lose it in a sustainable way. Is this program something you can live with for the rest of your life? If so, go for it! Otherwise, once you start eating "normally" again, the weight will probably just come back. Good luck and have fun with it! :D
    It's a cleanse. Why would one do it "for the rest of their life"?
    also, no. You gain weight because you eat at a surplus. It's QUITE possible for someone to lose weight using one approach, and maintain the loss using another approach.

OP: the website says 199 dollars? That sounds like a money cleanse.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    This thread needs to be cleansed of it's zombie resurrection.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    This thread needs to be cleansed of it's zombie resurrection.
    DAMN IT!!!!! thanks Ninks.