Starting today! Right now!

Options
2»

Replies

• samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks everyone! I'm feeling the love already :) I calculated my calories for the day and cannot BELIEVE that I ate nearly 3k calories!! Eyes opened, ready to do this!!

The best advice I ever received in regards to how much to eat... calculate your TDEE and then manually set your calorie goal to 20% below your TDEE!!

Good luck! Feel free to add me :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty crappy MFP friend...

...but I admire your willingness to jump in right now...not next Monday...or after you finishing eating all of something, but right now.

Personally, I'd start by not drastically changing your eating habits, but just log what you eat for about a week. From there, you'll have the data you need to make more informed decisions. (Depending on what you select in the setup, MFP has a tendency to lead you to some pretty drastic changes that may be a little drastic all at once.) Or try the more ambitious approach and if you struggle with it, know that there's a way to do this that doesn't suck...or doesn't suck as much, at least.

Anyhow, good luck. :flowerforyou:

Gotta say Jo, love the Heisenberg look!!!

Thanks.

(I'm just glad when people don't ask me if I'm Amish.)

ETA: And yes, I still wear the hat even though it started as a Halloween costume. It does a great job of keeping my bald head warm.
  • AmieJess
    AmieJess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley. I'm Jess. I'm starting today (again). Feel free to add me.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been here since March of this year and wanted to say 'Welcome"!! I am also impressed that you are starting today and not waiting until Monday!!! It is too easy to say that and never let "Monday" arrive!!!

One thing that has gotten me this far, is that I started VERY strict!! I have lightened up a bit and if I really want something, like chocolate, or a piece of pie, I just make it fit into my calories for the day and try to control my carbs at the same time, as I am a type 2 diabetic!!

Best of luck to all of you here and if anyone would like to add me, feel free!! I am here almost every day and love to be inspired by everyone on the site!!!