Isopure for Weight Reduction

Hello everyone. I am starting a weight loss program and I was looking for a protein supplement with low carbs and no sugars. I purchase Isopure at my local GNC and i noticed the container says It isn’t for weight reduction.

I would assume that a protein with that zero carbs and no sugar would be great for weight reduction as long as you work out. Am I missing something here?

Replies

• It's fine aslong as you mix it with water. All of them pretty much say that.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    I think it depends on how you use it.
    If you're using it as intended, as a means to increase the protein in your diet, then I'm sure it's fine. The "not for weight reduction" part probably means "do not use as a meal replacement". I've seen lots of protein supplements with similar disclaimers. The issue is not in using the product while you're losing weight, but in using the product to replace other foods and create a calorie deficit.
    If you're looking for a meal replacement drink, then you should look for one specifically intended to be used as such, as they are more nutritionally complete and contain added vitamins and minerals. Protein supplements are just that, and they tend to be lacking in other macro and micro-nutrients that your body needs. Fine in addition to a balanced diet, not fine as a meal.
  • shauna9127
    shauna9127 Posts: 13 Member
    nectar by syntrax is awesome. low carb and only like 90 calories and tastes great
  • Protein supplement is a good way to achieve your protein needs, that's all it is. You could use it to bulk or cut (lose weight). Basically Calorie Surplus vs. Calorie Deficit

Most can agree that to lose weight a retard the loss of Lean body mass, maintain a resistant based exercise and eat about 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass give or take. I wouldn't be able to hit my protein macros if it wasn't for protein supplements.
  • They just don't want to get sued by people being irresponsible and going on protein fasts for too long and hurting themselves while using their product. It's just protein, what you do with it is really up to you. They just don't want people treating them like meals in a bottle and wondering why they end up with deficiencies.