Finished Jillian...now what? Looking to get ripped

Options
So I just completed Jillian Michaels Hard Body. I have already done BR as well as a few other of her dvds and got great results. I am at the weight I never thought I could accomplish but now my workouts don't fulfill me as much so I am looking to move on to something a bit harder while short on time (I have a one year old boy). I need some suggestions on what to do next. My goal is now to get ripped. Maybe if possible loose my little abdominal pooch. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

Replies

• Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Try HIIT from fitnessblender.com

or try lifting heavy??
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I say weight room and pushing some iron.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels "stood by" her decision to give her team caffeine supplements on "The Biggest Loser."

Caffeine pills it is . . . for the win .
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I say weight room and pushing some iron.

^^This + calorie deficit + consistency + time

From what I understand, those things will get you there.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Another vote for weights!!! Big ones, heavy ones!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    "Ripped" just means low enough body fat for the muscle definition to show through. It's got nothing at all to do with specific workouts. Eat at a deficit, and lower body fat. Heavy lifting can help maintain the muscle you have, but nothing you do will get you ripped if you aren't eating at a consistent deficit.
  • amandamae61288
    amandamae61288 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would say find a weight lifting program that fits you! Lift heavy. If you are just starting: New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong LIfts 5X5 are ones that I have seen people speak highly of. If you are familiar with lifting I have recently seen people speak highly of 5/3/1 lifting program.

Good luck. Finding time for yourself can be hard with children, but good for you for making the time, sticking with it, and looking to progress!
  • shst07
    shst07 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    "Ripped" just means low enough body fat for the muscle definition to show through. It's got nothing at all to do with specific workouts. Eat at a deficit, and lower body fat. Heavy lifting can help maintain the muscle you have, but nothing you do will get you ripped if you aren't eating at a consistent deficit.
    ^^This.
  • Buhbee
    Options
    Well I already planned on getting heavier weights. But I was looking more for a dvd to help "tone" I guess.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    "Tone" is going to come from lower body fat which comes from a caloric deficit. Definitely look into a lifting program. Unfortunately, for lifting, if you're doing a heavier training program with freeweights, there's not really videos. I second the Fitnessblender.com suggestion for som killer HIIT workouts to compliment whichever lifting routine you choose.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options

Bingo. A great book on this is New Rules of Lifting for Women. Thank me later. ;)
  • Buhbee
    Options
    Lol I will definitely go check out that book. Thank you!!
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Try some Jackie Warner DVDs. Similar to Jillian but more weight work-less aerobic. I am also enjoying Amy Dixon.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Loving Body Beast!! about 45-50 minutes phase 1, phase 2 is about 30 min each dvd and phase 3 is a mixture..not too long and it WILL get you ripped!!
  • hemmymomma
    hemmymomma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I recommend T25 ! I have 5 kids, an 8 month old and 2 4 year olds that are at home all day. The workouts are 25 minutes so it's really short but its still a great workout.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Lol I will definitely go check out that book. Thank you!!

The DVD program Chalean Extreme is focused on heavy-ish weights, if you're dead set on DVDs.