Question - please help!!

Options
I'm a 5'2 and weigh 122 lbs. I am in the third week of NROLFW and before I started the program I used to eat 1200 calories or less a day. Since starting the program, i upped my calories to 1600 a day and things have been working out great so far. However, since Sunday I have noticed that between 40 minutes and an hour every night after dinner I am hungry again. Not just kind of hungry, tummy rumbling hungry. Even after a pretty good dinner, 40 minutes later I am starving, as if I never even had dinner. What is going on??? Today I upped my calories to 1750 but I had dinner less than an hour ago and I am already really hungry again. Has anyone else experienced this? It only happens after dinner, throughout the day I am barely hungry at all. If you want to see what a typical day looks like for me take a look at my diary. Thanks, any help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Are you still trying to lose or maintain? I would say that you need to eat more. I still lose on 1950+ exercise, and you aren't logging or eating back your exercise calories.
  • MamaKatel
    Options
    Same thing happens to me and I've been doing p90x. Depending on how many calories I burn I sometimes eat up to 2000 calories. I'm not losing weight or inches so I know I'm eating too much but I can't help it, I'm just sooo hungry in the evening!
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    your metabolism is reving, it's a good thing. I was the same when i started to strength train... hungry hungry hungry!
  • MamaKatel
    Options
    Same thing happens to me and I've been doing p90x. Depending on how many calories I burn I sometimes eat up to 2000 calories. I'm not losing weight or inches so I know I'm eating too much but I can't help it, I'm just sooo hungry in the evening! My guess is that I need more protein.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Lifting will make you hungry. Eating a little more protein would probably help, but I notice you have calories left at the end of the day, so I would just have an evening snack.
  • MamaKatel
    Options
    Sorry, didn't mean for that to post twice :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting makes me into a crazy hungry craved lunatic.

More protein helps....but your metabolism revs up for 24 HOURS after weight lifting as opposed to the couple of hours after cardio.

Do not be afraid to eat more (of the right stuff.)

I had to lower my calories as my activity level lowered between August-October....however as my activity level is going up so are my calories again. When I was lifting 3 x a week and doing exercising 6 days a week (hiit/insanity, running, hiking, zumba...) my net was around 1900/2000 AND I ate back my exercise calories NO I didn't gain. When I did gain was when I dropped my activity level and had gotten used to eating 2300-3000 calories a day lol. Luckily that's been melting off just fine since going back to my prior activity level.

(Yes I calculate my weight lifting calories usually about 150/half hour and do wear my HRM...although it does NOT account for the calories burned AFTER I stop my higher NET goal accounts for that.)

Edited to say I am 5'6 3/4 '' and 132 lbs

And my husband agrees that I am pretty much having the hunger level he experienced as a teenage boy.